ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Infinity-Refere...ryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A friend of mine said he would sell me 2 sets of these (4 woofers, 4 tweetes) speakers for 100$. they work fine and all. it sounds like a good deal as they would cost me about 500$ new at best buy or w.e. my question is. has anyone used component speakers in their z31? where would i mount the tweeters and stuff. and would these fit my car. im gonna be goin to UGA this firday, so i have to make a decision by then. thanks guys.. -mark

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ive never used that brand so I couldn't vouche for those speakers.

As for installation, I mounted my tweeters in the door panel above the electric window controls...

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've don't have Infiniti speakers, so I can't speak for the quality of them myself, but everything I've heard from people is that they are very high quality speakers. That sounds like a really good deal for them too. I have my front tweeters mounted on the door panel about even with where the mirror is. I don't components in the back, but I would say get creative with mounting the tweeter so that it points towards the front. I would definately recommend at least a new headunit if you don't already have one and an amp would be even better to get the most out of those speakers. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I have Infinity speakers and they are GREAT!!!!

$100 for two pairs of Infinity components is a steal...If you really want to see those babies shine, make sure to hook them up to an external amp.

You can probably replace the stock tweeters in the front if you feel like it, and just custom mount the rear ones in the back someplace that points at your head and your passengers head.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh it is a good deal. he works at circuit city so he can get me anything 65% off. thats probably why he is goin to sell them to me so cheap. but hey, there still 100$ right i already have a pioneer premier headunit to hook them too. ill look into an amp later down the road. maybe christmas ill ask for one. i am just a little scared to start hackin up my door panels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.