Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my situation:
My starter seems to be going out. Had a bunch of rough starts then nothing. The battery is fine, relays and fusible links are fine. I asked my dad he said it was the starter and to have someone tap on it with a stick or something while someone turns the key. this worked.

Here's my question:
Is any old starter from autozone sufficient? If not what brand is good and how much will it cost?

thanks guys, joel r

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dude, installation wasnt too hard either was it?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
nope...I had some stuck bolts that needed my impact, but otherwise very straight forward. Take the wires off the back of the starter before removing it. And don't forget to remove your negative battery cable before starting.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again!

·
Registered
58 Posts
How'd you manage to fit an impact wrench in there? I tried to take out my starter two weeks ago and finally said screw it and sent it to a shop. I couldn't fit anything useful in there and all the bolts required impact.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 85 starter took me two days to remove, using PB Blaster and a lot of old navy language. Finally jacked it a lot higher, put the jack stands under it, used a breaker bar and a cheater pipe and broke them loose. If you jack it way up high, make sure it is stable before you crawl under it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright got it installed.

That was suprisingly easy. wow.

thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.