ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im from san jose , california and this just happened to me (1:00 am)
well i was coming home from my girlfriends house in my 83 280zx...i just got a new(used)transmission and was testing itt out on the way home...i saw some headlights not too far back but didn't really care because the cops in my neighborhood are usually there in the evening...i took a sharp right turn without stopping as soon as i reached the top of the hill...as soon as i signal to turn left i got the LIGHTS! i pulled over only about 7 houses away from my house...**** i said another ticket...He walks up to me and asks me whats my hurry..i reply im sorry sir i have to go to the bathroom..i only live right there...he says u know how embarassing this is...i was trying to catch up with u since flint.(about a mile down the street...then he asks be a bunch of questions but the thing that surprised me was when he said i've seen your car for the last 2 weeks zooming up and down this hill....your 280zx is very noticable since u hardly see these kind of cars anymore...then he kept telling me how embarasing it was trying to catch up with me..he thought i was drunk or that i was trying to get away from him...Well he let me go(THANK GOD) but told me he put me down on his notes and told me he'll be watching me(whoopie doo!)...**** i was so happy! do u guys(gals) have any similar stories? thanks for reading! and sorry so long!
kvn

·
Registered
680 Posts
hehe I know what u mean I got a friend cop of mine who seen how fast my z can go and he was shocked when he look over the motor. he never he could not belave the z was faster then the mustang he had. when I see him at night when I m driving home he get on the cb and tells me it him and I stay behind him going 85 in a 65 zone. Knowing cops is cool.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> hehe I know what u mean I got a friend cop
> of mine who seen how fast my z can go and he
> was shocked when he look over the motor. he
> never he could not belave the z was faster
> then the mustang he had. when I see him at
> night when I m driving home he get on the cb
> and tells me it him and I stay behind him
> going 85 in a 65 zone. Knowing cops is cool.

Two months ago I was taking my car inspection. It had no plates yet. The place was just a block away. On the way back(the roads were a little wet) I decided to floor it while making a left and get the rear end swinging out some. I didn't know the car behind me was an unmarked cop car. He pulled me over right in front of my apartments. I showed him the inspection papers and insurance. I also told him I am not used to the car yet so it wasn't on purpose. He smiled and told me to be a little easier on the gas pedal. :) Another time, speeding around a sharp corner a cop saw me and just shook his finger at me... Maybe cops like Z's?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crested a hill at about 85 mph and radar detector lit off.. Too late, at the bottom of the hill the cop was walking across the street and motioned for me to pull over. I did. I was wearing my military uniform (CPO) and the cop says he is sorry he pulled me over. Said he was trying to stop the car in front of me. Have a nice day. Wasn't a car in front of me so this cop must have been a vet himself..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
> im from san jose , california and this just
> happened to me (1:00 am)
> well i was coming home from my girlfriends
> house in my 83 280zx...i just got a
> new(used)transmission and was testing itt
> out on the way home...i saw some headlights
> not too far back but didn't really care
> because the cops in my neighborhood are
> usually there in the evening...i took a
> sharp right turn without stopping as soon as
> i reached the top of the hill...as soon as i
> signal to turn left i got the LIGHTS! i
> pulled over only about 7 houses away from my
> house...**** i said another ticket...He
> walks up to me and asks me whats my hurry..i
> reply im sorry sir i have to go to the
> bathroom..i only live right there...he
> says u know how embarassing this
> is...i was trying to catch up with u since
> flint.(about a mile down the street...then
> he asks be a bunch of questions but the
> thing that surprised me was when he
> said i've seen your car for the last 2
> weeks zooming up and down this hill....your
> 280zx is very noticable since u hardly see
> these kind of cars anymore...then he kept
> telling me how embarasing it was trying to
> catch up with me..he thought i was drunk or
> that i was trying to get away from
> him...Well he let me go(THANK GOD) but told
> me he put me down on his notes and told me
> he'll be watching me(whoopie doo!)...**** i
> was so happy! do u guys(gals) have any
> similar stories? thanks for reading! and
> sorry so long!
> kvn
Youmust be new at Zs last run in was while testing a 79 turboconversion .They clocked me at 152mph while hard on the brakes and got me at the road block.$200 bail later I was back tuning the 79.Zshave doen this yo me for years.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I was driving west on 580 in northern California last night, doing about 70-75 in the company car when an early Z (I think it was a 280) went barrelling through traffic like we were all tied to a stump. It was some dark color, the paint glittering under the highway lights and just looking road hungry. If I was a cop, I would have pulled that guy over just to tell him how bitchin he looked.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
> I was driving west on 580 in northern
> California last night, doing about 70-75 in
> the company car when an early Z (I think it
> was a 280) went barrelling through traffic
> like we were all tied to a stump. It was
> some dark color, the paint glittering under
> the highway lights and just looking road
> hungry. If I was a cop, I would have pulled
> that guy over just to tell him how bitchin
> he looked.

That early Z might have been me, only my '82 is a BMW silver blue metallic that only looks dark after sunset. In the past couple of years I've had 2 officers pull me over for license checks and spend more time checking out my coupe than my license and registration. Both have asked me if I'd consider selling my car. Nope, I tell 'em, but I'd think about an even swap for a low mileage Jag XK8.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In 1986 I was on military emergency leave in my hometown. Driving my 2180 powered 62 VW Microbus, I crested a hill about 80 and got hit by local sherrif with radar. He pulls me over and gets all upset, says I got you on radar at 77. I kind of gave a huffy laugh, looked at the dashboard and said In THIS?!?!
Sherrif just looked stupefied, all taken aback, and then kinda muttered yeah, you're right AND LET ME GO!!!
So, I go back to my duty station (Okinawa Japan)and am testing a new engine in my 75 Fairlady with my good buddy Joe C. We hit a bump going from gate two to gate three at Kadena AFB on this nice stretch of road. We get BIG air. We see this parking cop in a Suzuki Alto fix his eyes on us going the other way. He hits the lights. We pull over. He gets to us after a while, and comes up to the side of the car and asks: Why you stop?
Apparently he was so amazed that two gaijin respected the local law he forgot what we were doing. He says Your car--I see UNDERNEATH! You drinking? (We had not been.) So he says: This no speed place, you want speed, go expressway! O.K.? Remember, Safety Drive! and HE LET US GO!!!
So then I go to test the top speed on the expressway (Like he said...) So here I am going 200KPH at 6350rpm on the expressway between Nago and Ishikawa. I come across three cars staggered across the lanes. I hit them like cones in an autocross and whoosh! I'm gone. In the rearview I see them all flashing their headlights (The legal limit at that time was 60KPH). So I get to the end of the expressway and hit the longest light in existence. While there I hear the telltale sound of the siren's call...
This cop pulls up behind me in a Black and White RX7. I put my head in my hands and when he gets to the window I ask: Ikura Deska? (How much will this cost? To which he replies: Oh, no, VERY SPEEDY--no can clock. You have tail light out. You fix, O.K.? AND THAT WAS IT!!!
Then the next day on base I get a ticket for 15 in a 12. (!!!!!!!)
When you're number's up, it's up, and there's no rhyme or reason to it folks. Karma is a bitch.
There were other outrageous incidents, but this is enough for now.

> did. I was wearing my military uniform (CPO)
> and the cop says he is sorry he pulled me
> over. Said he was trying to stop the car in
> front of me. Have a nice day. Wasn't a car
> in front of me so this cop must have been a
> vet himself..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.