ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just gave Nissan a call asking if they did buy backs of cars, they said what type you got, i replied I owna 1974 260z 2+2, they asked if it was still stock, classic. I said it hasa set of 280z bumpers and a 240z distubitor, N&W carb set up and a full race cam, they told i would have to drive it over to them to look at it. the car has no paint and i can't drive the car it has not breaks, I have my tow bar for it i could tow it over, but what would they say. do you think they are only going to offer me like 400$?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Confused....

What are you trying to accomplish here?

Are you just trying to sell the car? If so try the paper or other resources...trying to sell to a dealership will get you very little money.

As for the "buy back" that happened in 1997, this program has been blown WAY out of proportion. There were only 42 cars reconditioned and they were ONLY 240Z s.

If what your are trying to do is to get Nissan to recognize your car as a classic and purchase it as part of the "buy back"...the Sorry. Your out of luck here. That option simply doesn't exist.

As for the value of your car....400 doens't sound that unreasonable sine it is not running, has "no paint", no breaks (sic.), and has some strange modifications (why would you put 280 bumpers on the car). Plus since the car is a 2+2 it really is not typically considered a desireable car.

I'm not trying to be an @ss about this..it just seems that you have improper expectations.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Confused....

I think most sales people will let you "trade in" a bicycle if you wanted. It's not like they are going to send it back to Japan for reconditioning. It will go to auction and get sold for $50, then passed through some shady mechanics until it actually runs, then get put up on EBay for some unreasonable amount and waste alot of peoples time.

"buy back" "trade-in" whatever you want to call it, this will only give the dealer more oppurtunity to screw you while throwing numbers around. You'll pay for it in financing anyway and someone else will end up making money off your Z in a shady deal. Sell it on the private market.

ConorP

·
Registered
433 Posts
aesthetics

2+2's just dont have that long hood, short cabin look that makes the Z so appealing to the eye. Of course, 2+2's are great, they are still Z's ya know, I simply don't like the look. Only Z that looked good in 2+2 was the Z32, IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.