ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my alternator in my 85 Turbo and it was a pain in the ass. Now I can remove it from the top since I ripped out all the plastic covers over the fan and the radiator. The sway bar was the biggest pain trying to put it back on but I got it back on. Took about 4hours total. Also the underside was caked with mudy, oily dirt so that only made more problem. I just thought I would mention its a pain. My 280 wasnt that hard, not even my friends saturn was that hard.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im getting an electric fan not to mention there is a fan on the bottom of the radiator that will keep the fluid cool that will inturn keep the insides of the engine cool

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have owned my 85 for 5 years now and I originally purchased it without the fan shroud. It has never had any overheating problems or even an irregular readings from the temperature gauge. I don't think the fan shroud makes a considerable difference in regards to the tempature.

I would have kept it on there if I had one though.

-Stu85na

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now that I can take the alternator out from the engine bay instead of below the car and having to unbolt the sway bar im ok with not having the plastic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.