ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW. I'm SOOO psyched right now. I've just learned that I've been made the new referee assigner for the youth soccer league in Chapel Hill. I get paid $10 for every game that I assign, there are 6 games running constantly on both Saturday and Sunday, and 5 sets of six games running each day, so in theory I will be making around $600 a weekend, and since the little kids only play during the spring and fall, I'll be making right around $14,000 a year. Now I know that this is peanuts to some of you older guys, but for a 17 year old it's not half bad. And I know where all this cash money is going to be spent...........ON COLLEGE OF COURSE!, well, all that's left after I'm done with my Z will go towards college. I can't even explain how psyched I am right now.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
That's a great find for a part-time job. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Chapel Hill? Hey where are you from again? I live in Douglasville, Ga and there is an area known as Chapel Hill fairly close to here?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i am from the z31 forum, just randomly reading z32 stuff... i live in kennesaw. pretty close 2 u. actually i have plaid soccer at those fields you are talkin about

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whtfairladyz, I'm in Chapel Hill, NC, I've been down around where you are for a couple of soccer tourney's though.

300zx1985, The Rainbow Fields? That's awesome. It's a small world I guess. Just about every kid that lived in Chapel Hill when they were under 6 yrs old has played Rainbow Soccer, it's a pretty big thing here.

As for the College vs. the Z, I'm definetly going to college, and my parent and I have already setup a college fund which will pay for just about any college I could possibly get into, so my $$ is just going to be for fun :), thanks for lookin' out though.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Back in the day, I was a soccer referee for 1st grade kiddie soccer (where they use two flags as goals). $15 a game I think it was. Anyway, during warmups for one of the games, some dude comes up to me and says "How'd you like to make a cool $50?" I'm like "What do you mean?" He says his nephew is playing in the game and he'd like his team to win. I'm like "You ever watched these games before? Every kid runs blindly to the ball. No amount of blown calls are going to sway the game one way or the other."

In retrospect... I wish I had that $50 :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.