Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my Z!!!!!!!

It somehow made it from FL to TN, has a 4-speed, and has Iron Crosses. The guy wants 3500 for it, but I'm gonna talk to him about that... I mean I sold it with a 5-speed and 16x7 meshes for 1500....

It has its rust, but It deserves a ground up resto... and that's what I'm gonna do!

(anyone wanna help me get it from TN back to FL??????)

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
Beating Y0RGO....

It had to be done! It was the first thing that came to my mind.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL... !

I'm seriously debating weather or not I want to buy it back...

I have so much history with it, and I know that car top to bottom like the back of my hand..

But in knowing that... I know the troubles of the car.. and the shape of the body. Now it would be solely a track/weekend/blast around for short errands car, so the dents aren't that big of a deal...

If there wasn't that history with the car (being as I built the thing to what it is now...), then I would keep looking... but that thing has been in my life since 1998...

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I'm outside Nashville & may drive to Boca for Thanksgiving. IF I drive, I could tow it with the Ram or possibly drive it. Tow would require a trailer & would be taking another vehicle as the Z won't hold wife & young son. Another option would be to pick it up & store in the country until you could come get it.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sold it because I had nobody to watch over it when I joined the army..

Nowadays, I'm in a better position and have people to watch over it if I do go away.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Everyone talks about the car, the gun or the girl that they gave up - and miss to this day.

The if I'da know better regret - or you don't know what you got till it's gone whatever.

It's damnablly rare to have a chance to get it back - it's a sign - fate - kissmet - de ja vu' all over again.

Do not waste a moment to find a way to get her back.

You will always regret that you didn't.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with erzelda!
I owned two 280ZXs and recently have tried to locate either of them..nada, gone, no more..breaks my heart.
Buy it back, if you dont, you will regret it - all over again!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only thing I'm working on the guy is the price...

He wants $3500 and It's honestly worth about 1300-1500 because of body issues. I talked to him about it and he clearly doesn't know where many of the problem areas are. He didn't know it had the yoda 4-pistons on it... He thought they were stock!!! Also he thinks there are perf. springs on it... hehe... It's just cut stockers with stiffer dampening... ugh.

Don't get me wrong... I love my polished (erm..flat black) turd... but I'm not shelling out 3500 for a Z with known rust and 138whp...BAH!

I gotta work on that guy...

G

·
0 Posts
Couldn't get a few buddies to go look at it and offer him below a thousand pointing out all the flaws while you've got a standing 1500$ offer, could you? Make him realize the lack of credence to his claim by repetition? They do say repetition is good for the developing mind....

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 2 cents
Let it go
Find another rust free car and start again.
Use the knowledge youve gained and the money you saved to make the next one better.

As always
Enjoy the ride

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.