ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to buy it ,It is a IMSA racing prototype intake and was made from a factory lower intake. I need to modify the horns to accept boost pressure. It is trick. Look at the built in throttle plates, injector bodys, and fuel rail!!!! I little welding, some mandrel bends, and about 5 hours, this thing is gonna ROCK!!!

Post Edited (Apr 20, 3:36pm)

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
hahahaha, I'd like to see that when it's all done, it's kinda funny lookin ;-)

that will be something if you can get this thing to work

·
Registered
152 Posts
bwahaha, you are trying to to turn that nice intake into a turbocharged setup? thats hilarious, you are costing yourself money with that. sell it and build something worthwhile. there is a design behind that intake, and it did not invclude a turbocharger

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
at least he is trying to come up with something New!!! it may work it may not, one way to find out
but guess what if it does work you'll be all over him trying to have him build you one!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
That must be the same guy from EBAY
He had a few other IMSA type intakes.

Double check to see if they will match the stock heads.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is, and and that intake is going to work fine for a turbo. As a matter of fact it will probably be better, as each port has it own seperate intake butterfly. I am taking an intake and MODIFYING it to work for my need.

Hey NUT: This nice intake is pretty much worthless to any normal person, except as a mantle piece. I dont think it is that nice, more than "useable". A normal Z car could not use this because they would need a MAF sensor. I do not, ALLOWING me to be able to use this. I cant stand people like you who have NO creative BALLS to try anything. And I have the money to do it soooo..... Why not try?? Performance parts for our car are not avalible, and that is a perfomance part for a vg30. I'm not scared. It JUST MIGHT WORK and WELL...

Post Edited (Apr 20, 8:55am)

·
Registered
657 Posts
well other than the fact that you probably wont be able to pass emissions....... it looks like it will be one **** of an experience..... good luck!!! so... what are you going to do with the pathy? has it allready been machined?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I agree with 88hybrid. He will definitely enjoy some well earned respect if he can put it together. From what I've seen with the rest of his hybridZ I don't doubt his abilities to do it!

Bob - 88 is located in Missouri like myself and we don't have a standardized emissions test. We have an inspection that is required for registration but no emissions testing (woohoo for us!).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree, it's stupid to turn that ITB setup into a turbocharged application.

It's a waste of money. You want to make a nice manifold for a turbocharged application, then build yourself a nice log-type manifold with a large throttlebody for cheaper.

The design behind the ITB setup is designed soley for NA applications. Those little 400hp civics and such use ITBs often, same design, never do they turbocharge them.

It's a waste of money, effort, and time.

Sell it, build your own manfiold for a fraction of the price, and call it a day.

·
Registered
880 Posts
im interested to see if it works.. i have faith in you~

·
Registered
279 Posts
somthing like this would be much better to use for a turbo setup

and it would also be easier to build, rather than trying to build off of that one made for Naturally aspirated engines. Although your idea would be interesting to look at when its done, but I dont belive your building it to show it off

·
Registered
657 Posts
fukkin missouri......... i had the same thing in NY..... but now im in AZ..... and my car wont pass with the 85 wire harness (mines an early model 86 NA)

·
Registered
880 Posts
hey darylhewitt.. where did you get that picture and how did they do that coil per cylinder ignition set-up? i bet them headers/single turbo rock! man that thing looks sweet

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im glad to hear all your imput on this post. I have taken into account what all of you said, and Im going to do it anyway, The IMSA intake is going to cost hardly anything, and all the welding is done by me in my spare time. I have several stock intakes, and am considering other types of intakes. Whats wrong with making a couple of types? Ive got plenty of time. Ill keep all posted on this rather intresting VG30 intake topic.

·
Registered
880 Posts
i think its awesome.. i have done alot of searching and thinking about a better intake design. if there is any way i can help just let me know.. i would really like a performance oriented intake manifold..

·
Registered
279 Posts
The ignition system on that engine is similar to the one made by Simple Digital Systems or Haltech etc.
I found the picture on this site here
Dirty Z
and I just happend to save it to my hardrive because I like what they have done, especially the intake.

Post Edited (Apr 20, 6:53pm)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.