Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Oh GAWD!

"Russia lost more men in the war than any other country."

Perhaps that had a little bit to do with them having absolutley no concnt about their people.

That 1 rifle for every 10 troops is a HISTORICAL FACT.

When you don't have weapons, JUST MASS HUMANITY INTO THE BREACH AND LET THEM BE GROUND TO GRIST!

Don't hail them as some sort of great strategy-making collective, it was cold brutal indifference to the cost of any losses that they lost as many as they did.

And their wartime losses pale in comparison to the Stalinist Purges quickly thereafter. More people killed than the Nazis in all their concentration camps.

These are the people you look to as a model of Military Efficiency?

Give me a BREAK!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yes, my son?

"That 1 rifle for every 10 troops is a HISTORICAL FACT."

Yes, thank you. This shows the bravery and tenacity of the Russian people in not letting Germany take their country even though Russia was under-supplied. Those were real men in my book.

"it was cold brutal indifference"

You think no one cared? Is Russia a society of robots? People live in Russia too, everyone cared. How else was Russia to deal with this? Can your military genius enlighten me on a better solution to having 1 rifle to 10 men to fight off a powerful army without help?

"Stalinist Purges"

I don't remember mentioning Stalin, or saying that he was a good person. I'm talking about the Russian PEOPLE.

"These are the people you look to as a model of Military Efficiency?"

I never said 'military efficiency,' I said that Russia defeated the Germans on the Eastern front without additional manpower. Russian men were courageous and fought for their freedom. I think they succeeded.

Please stop your baseless arguments.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
You really need to do some serious research...

REad the period quote for Russian Military commanders regarding the 'grist for the mill'...

Callous Indifference.

And stupidity.

But then again, in Russia, you would have been totally free to make your pacifist whigings and protest the 'brutal waste' of manpower the 1 rifle for every 10 men sent to the front' policy...

Oh, waitaminit.... callous disregard for armed forces personnel makes the Russians "Brave and Committed" yet what we are doing with our troops is less than that.

Hmmmmm, Curious.

Interesting.

As for Stalin, you are the one mentioning people killed in battle as a comparison to other metrics as some sort of show of 'commitment'...

Please explain to me what all those purged peasants and children died for Leon. What great good did they die for, AT THE HANDS OF THEIR OWN GOVERNMENT?

"The Common, Collectivist Good"?

Or parhaps one madman's paranoid suspicions that everyone was out to wrench power and fame from his wretched hands.

What a poor student of history you are. No wonder you hold these misguided views.

I feel sorry for you.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.