ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$4.00 a gallon. I am done. No more for me. Wife has to commute 40 miles a day. So 50+ bucks a week in gas just for her. F this.

I get a gas market email, and with the way it looks, diesel will be at $4.75 this week, and $5 around June. You know gas will follow.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's so depressing. I know where still the cheapest country to buy gas in pretty much.
Still.... This is getting old, no fun at all.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Context

It's only up 25% from last year.
In the 70's the price went up 100% in one summer and people WANTED the 240Z for it's economy! In context this is not that big of jump at all and a Z is still not too shabby on mileage.

8,110 Posts
hEY 74-260z BEFORE kATRINA i WAS PAYING $1.53 FOR pREMIUM.....Yesterday I paid $3.95 so that is a 158% increase!! I voted for Bush cuz Gore and Kerry were LOSERS but BUSH is the BIGGEST F*(&*UP that this country has ever endured..he has even made CARTER look better for crap's sake!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You really think Bush has anything to do with gas prices? He straight up said on tv he doesn't know what congress is doing. Fact is he really has no say in gas prices. It's the economy and it's just going through a rough time. Just like it has in the past.
Just hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
War waged in oil producing areas of the world render the markets unstable and skyrocket oil prices. Who started this phoney war? Bush, and Cheney, two oil men.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Why do you think the economy is going through a rough time? Billions of dollars spent on a useless war instead of on important things like health and education.

[attachment 6020 wantedgwbushposter.jpg]

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
LOL!! big 2nd on that one.

LeonV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do you think the economy is going through a
> rough time? Billions of dollars spent on a useless
> war instead of on important things like health and
> education.
>
>
>

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
wannaBREz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $4.00 a gallon. I am done. No more for me. Wife
> has to commute 40 miles a day. So 50+ bucks a
> week in gas just for her. F this.
>
> I get a gas market email, and with the way it
> looks, diesel will be at $4.75 this week, and $5
> around June. You know gas will follow.

Try 70 euros a week

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
not even close!

subsidized countries like Venezuela and Indonesia have costs per gallon in the double-digit CENTS per gallon range. Recent gas riots in Venezuela accompanied a lessening of the subsidies and taxi drivers rioted when the price went from 19 to 38 cents per gallon...

Same thing happened a few years ago in Indonesia when it went from 16 to over 60 cents per gallon.

When you take a look an per-annum incomes in Indonesia, you will find that we got it pretty good. Lost of people here won't understand how rich they really are, but trust me, you guys in America got it really, really good.

Quit the whining.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Funny....

"Who started this phoney war? Bush, and Cheney, two oil men."

I thought that stupid thing with the jets precipitated the current imbroglio in the middle east. Foolish me. We should have just rolled over and played more 'Yellow Submarine Diplomacy' games with AlQueda, like the previous administration did...

:Rolls Eyes:

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
70 euros a week?

Try $400 a week.

I filled up at $4.18 on Monday. At 25 gallons per fillup, and two fillups on Monday travelling to a jobsite, another midweek, and then likely two more on the way back home, conservatively my gas bill is $400 a week, likely more depending on how far I have to go.

And you guys whine about $60 a week. Sometimes I gotta shake my head at the whining, self-pitying, crybabies we have bred here in the US of A.

And 800+ Pounds of tools don't fit in the back of a BMW 328 Sports Wagon (though the monthly payment of $528 is appealing compared to the truck's payment...)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yeah, let's blame it all on Bush. Not on environmentalists and other politicians who:

• Blocked new refineries being built for the past several decades;

• Placed requirements for regional gasoline blends;

• Gave gigantic subsidies for "alternative" fuels that are proving nothing but a drain on the rest of the economy;

• Vetoed legislation over ten years ago that would have opened up oil exploration and drilling which would help us today;

• Continuing to block legislation and policies on exploration and drilling which would calm speculation on the stock market and help us in the future;

• Getting bought on over-hyped junk science on detrimental climatic effects.

·
Registered
393 Posts
"BEFORE kATRINA i WAS PAYING $1.53 FOR pREMIUM"

Norm,
Katrina was almost 3 years ago.
The real increase in the past year was about 25%.
The increase in the last 3 years (since Katrina) is due to demand, a falling dollar and adding expensive alcohol and NOT due to political persuasions.

If you wanna blame someone, blame Democrats in Congress and the EPA for disallowing new drilling and requiring methanol blends.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gas Prices!?, I live on Maui,HI. and currently 92 goes for $4.42/gal.
I've had my '81 280ZX for 11 yrs. and will always put the premium in. I've been told that this is an expensive car to maintain, but you have to do most of it yourself. I've enjoyed my 11 yrs. of driving and the awe of my neighbors & my landlord (who sold it to me), all who say- "I can't believe it's still running". Of course it does, take care of it and it takes care of you!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.