ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didn't touch anything on the engine of my car and it just won't start now! it will crank and crank and crank and maybe the odd fire at the begining but the car is flooding the spark plugs are soaking wet and there is tons of spark. Why would it just not start? Its like the injectors are wide open would the dropping resistor do this???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: I DIDN"T TOUCH IT</b>

Check the Head Temperature Sensor or Water Temperature Sensor(on earlier models). If bad it will flood the engine. Get a haynes manual inside it gives you resistance readings for different temperatures if yours is outside the spec then replace it. I think they are around 30 dollars.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought the book and i already changed the head temperature sensor (i think) and another sensor as well but it will not go even with ETHER

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brent, make sure you changed the correct sensor. On 83 and probably 82's the head temp sensor is by #5 spark plug, on earlier 280ZX's there were three sensors in proximity at the front of the engine by the water inlet.
Another thing to make sure of is that the connectors are clean; corrosion can add a LOT of resistance to the circuit and fool the computer.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: I DIDN"T TOUCH IT</b>

I may be wrong but I had a problem with my EFI relay. It wouldnt start either, fuel pump was working though.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had similar problem last season on my '78, and if the darn thing started it belched out more black clouds through the exhaust as the entire eastern european car park...

This was the thermoswitch at the front of the engine doing this.
Simple to fix, but took some time before locating the trouble.

Good Luck
Marten

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.