ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to COZ today and he was closed =0(, but I had Pitstop performance change out my brake master cylinder with a new TT one and put on the brace for it also. My old cylinder was leaving puddles under the Z and I needed to get'er done because I will be in China for about a month next week, and I did not want to come home to no brakes =0). Anyway, just thought I'd share my day
LataZ

Oh and my labree system was hanging funny (where the passenger side was lower than the drivers which is rubbing the body), and Pitstop told me that it is a mess up on the system itself. This is dis-heartening, because I have such high respect for Greg's stuff. Do you all think I should contact him and see if he will make it right?
Thanks

Post Edited (Jan 21, 7:47pm)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
All of the flanges on the Labree systems are made in slot fashion to allow for adjustments in how the hang. I have never installed one yet that wouldn't hang straight with a little adjustments in the flanges.

Are you running test pipes? Fitment of the test pipes can cause the cat back to hang funny.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I have his highflow cats and cat back. And there are no slots in the flanges, I know this because I put the system in myself and it was a pain in the arse to get all the bolts in.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Odd .......

My Labree had more than enough "open" bolt space in the flanges to manuver the sytem around for a good fit. Could be the high flow cats may have a bit more of a tight angle in the studs than OEM.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Take a dremel tool or something and slot out flange. OR, take it to a exhaust shop and have them cut the flanges of and re align the exhaust. And reweld it so that is it straight. I got lucky because my HKS exhaust bolted up straight. But when I bolted Z1's test pipes it was twisted a little on one side. So i tookit to a buddy and he fixed it fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, sounds good, but should I have to do this after spending over $1200 on the complete system?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
IMO... No you should not. I'd talk to Greg and see if there was something missed during the MFG process of the exhaust or the installation.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I remember when I saw your car that one side hung lower than the other. It seems to me that it would only cost a few bucks to have an exhaust shop cut a small section of the mount out on the lower side and reweld it so that its shorter. I would rather just have it fixed for cheap that deal with the pain of removing, replacing and reinstalling a whole system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.