ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It starts up nice but I push the clutch pedal in and it stay there and I can't pull it back also when I try to shifed it grinds the gears HELP

·
Registered
95 Posts
> It starts up nice but I push the clutch
> pedal in and it stay there and I can't pull
> it back also when I try to shifed it grinds
> the gears HELP
First of all you need to check the fluid in the clutch master cylinder. If low fill it and look for leaks in the system. If it is leaking anywhere it could be the clutch master, slave cylinder, or it could be just time to replace all the clutch parts(ie. clutch, pressure plate, resurface the flywheel and replace the throw-out bearing). Usually it is either the slave cylinder or master leaking unless the clutch has been slipping. First check the above and let us know what is wrong.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> First of all you need to check the fluid in
> the clutch master cylinder. If low fill it
> and look for leaks in the system. If it is
> leaking anywhere it could be the clutch
> master, slave cylinder, or it could be just
> time to replace all the clutch parts(ie.
> clutch, pressure plate, resurface the
> flywheel and replace the throw-out bearing).
> Usually it is either the slave cylinder or
> master leaking unless the clutch has been
> slipping. First check the above and let us
> know what is wrong.

If the clutch fluid is not low when this happened then look under the car at the transmision on the passanger side. Have someone push the clutch in and see if the piston of the slave cyl. moves out and the clutch fork moves straight back. My zxt did the same thing with the clutch pedal staying to the floor. Some how the fork which connects to the through out bearing came off and was just hanging there. I don't know how it happened, but half of the pivot bolt was gone and I had to replace the fork. Anyone know what might cause this?? I have no idea. Anyways, check all of those things and we can help you more.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Check the clutch fork also...(Read)

> First of all you need to check the fluid in
> the clutch master cylinder. If low fill it
> and look for leaks in the system. If it is
> leaking anywhere it could be the clutch
> master, slave cylinder, or it could be just
> time to replace all the clutch parts(ie.
> clutch, pressure plate, resurface the
> flywheel and replace the throw-out bearing).
> Usually it is either the slave cylinder or
> master leaking unless the clutch has been
> slipping. First check the above and let us
> know what is wrong.

If the clutch fluid is not low when this happened then look under the car at the transmision on the passanger side. Have someone push the clutch in and see if the piston of the slave cyl. moves out and the clutch fork moves straight back. My zxt did the same thing with the clutch pedal staying to the floor. Some how the fork which connects to the through out bearing came off and was just hanging there. I don't know how it happened, but half of the pivot bolt was gone and I had to replace the fork. Anyone know what might cause this?? I have no idea. Anyways, check all of those things and we can help you more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.