ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't believe it MADE IT!

536 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  vegacharger 
#1 ·
Well, feeling risky, I decided to drive my wife and I from Bakersfield, CA to Los Angeles for the holiday weekend.....in my 78Z...this is a 500 dollar gross polluter car that I bought in August and have been fixing ever since.....now it's legal and was running good enough to risk it...and this thing blew me away! After a head job, new driveshaft, all sorts of fuel injection issues, and a new heater core...this thing KICKED BUTT! 335 Highway miles, all on ONE tank of gas (still have about 1/8 of a tank). And while I was down there, I hit all the LA junkyards...pick your part, ecology, etc...4 in all...and I found the UNFINDABLE......2, count em, 2 Fuse link covers! they were a little dry and cracked, but they were THERE! WOW! And alllll the way home yesterday it was pouring...not a problem! I am amazed that this thing ran as good as it did...next weekend it's another 300 mile Z marathon to the san bernardino mountains.....wouldn't have run this good if it wasn't for you guys...thanks!
chris
p.s....anyone looking for junkyard Z's in the LA area....Burbank pick your part SUCKED, Wilmington Big pick your part...3-4 mostly stripped Z's...one good 76 2+2, small pick your part TOTALLY sucked...Ecology 3-4 mostly stipped Z's...

#2 ·
Hey thats great man, I am selling my 1974 260z 2+2? Wanna buy it or know someone who does, it runs, needs some body work, but its in great shape for its age, if it was all fixed up it would be one **** of a show car, I have the $1000 flat top carb kit on it as well as a full race cam. I am only asking $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.