ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a viscous LSD here local and was wondering what halfshafts fit this and is this LSD better than the other lsds? Would it be hard to find halfshafts from a SE, or would nissan have them? or second option could I take the internals out of the vlsd and put it in my non turbo diff.

Post Edited (Apr 10, 12:12am)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
yeah you will need the SS half shafts if you want that VLSD to work. As for which LSD is better I've heard different opnions from different people. I guess it's who you talk to. Good luck trying to find the SS shafts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many shiros were made? and has anybody ever tried to have a driveshaft shop make some heavy duty halfshafts with U-joints in place of the CV's U joints can be made pretty strong. well thanks im bout to go pick it up about how much would these sell for on average?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That guy I bought the vlsd from had a 280z that he was going to put it in thats why it doesnt have the finned cover cause there were some fitting issues with that other cover. I took my non turbo halfshafts with me to see if they would fit and they did FIT! the wheels spin the same direction so it is vlsd. The only thing he said is that I would have to do is machine a groove in one of my shafts so that it will lock into place on the passanger side.

Post Edited (Apr 10, 9:55pm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.