ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With yall talking about smoking Vipers,cobras, nsx's and all the other extremly fast cars ;), i go out at night and have a rough time with the **** probe GT's (I have only lost once)and mustang GT if yall are really out there smoking corbras and such, email me and tell me what to do to my car(within budget) so i can just keep up with my friends 95 cobra(5.0 240 horses) thanks for reading my whine story
JZ

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: There is your problem....

That little word..."Budget". I have 25K wrapped up in my little package (See Mikes Tech Articles at the homepage)
which includes a full rollcage, Fuel cell & custom fuel delivery, oil preluber, full RR suspension and four wheel disc brakes, full custom interior, IRS with LSD and 3.7 gears, custom body and paint, and the 544hp/492FT# torque V8 monster matted to a T56 (Same trans as the Viper). That is how I do it..... How deep are your pockets? If you want to play, you gotto pay.

I know you didn't want to hear that, but it is the sad reality of fast cars....
Mike

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: That darn budget word!!

I have a little more than half that wrapped up in my Z. But some of that "budget" is at this very moment being utilized to make it beat the snot outta stangs and Z28's. I dont have cages and fuel cells, etc, etc... Mine is modified with all the normal goodies plus a Motorsports body kit and a thorough "de-rusting" and paint job. Spent a little extra at the right times to do everything right the first time around. After thius major round of modifications, I guess I will be at the 15 grand level of 'investment'(yeah right). But hey! Whats life without its simple joys?! by the way, 15,000 includes the purchase price of $3,600 7 years ago.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Exactly

I have had several Z and ZX's even 2 turbos and I will say this. The Z's stock or even near it will not be much competition for new camaro's, mustangs, I'm not even going to go up the performance chain the BS pretty much stops with those cars. Come on Vipers, 911 turbos, even NSX's give me a break. For evey one Z out there that can beat a Z28, cobra, SS, corvette there are 20 Z's that can't. That is the simple truth. I will probably get flamed for this but I don't bench race I go to the tracks or do it on the street and I have perfect vision. There isn't much difference between the new vettes and camaro's in speed the mustangs are a little slower, cobras are about even with the camaro's. NSX's are barely faster if any than the Camaro's.
Like Mike said Z's that are truly faster, and can repeatedly beat the high HP crowd have lots of time and money in them. I know that every Z I have raced around here with the exception of mine, I have been able to embarrass them, over and over whatever speed in my convertible, fully loaded, very near stock 95 mustang.

Don't get discouraged just make a plan of attack on how you want to modify your car. Remeber the Z is not for drag racing, they just end up being pretty fast, handling is where it's at.

Good Luck
Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
It's a Food Chain Thing, ya gotta....

pay for those expensive treats ya eat! Matt said it well , if you want to play with the "big boys"....the "coin" has to be invested. But our z's are a fun, thrilling ride regardless of where we fall on the "food chain". my .02 worth.
gary

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Agree with matt</b>

But you figure for the money (whatever an new Mustang goes for) you could build a **** of a Z. Mine is not the fastest, but at $12,000, so far, I can eaisly smoke things like Acuras which are about $20,000 and are everywhere you look, unlike a clean Z.
But of course, if I could afford it, I would probably own a Z and a Mustang too!
=p
Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.