ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed a strange high pitch humming coming from the air filter resonator box when my Z (85na/auto) is either in park idling; or slowing down to a stop when driving. The sound goes away when you lightly press on the gas pedal; but returns once the car is at idle in Park again or slowing down when driving.

I popped the hood to look to see where the humming was coming from and you can actually feel the vibration of the hum on the resonator box. Now before I start pulling **** apart; does this sound familiar to anyone? Or anyone have any ideas as to what it may be? Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's the air injection thinga-ma-bob (the official name) that injects air into the exhaust to help the cat convert cats. Has some reed valves in it that hum. You can clean the reeds and so forth and check that the switch controlling it works.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions guys; I will take a look into all of the above and let you know how I go. It cant be anything serious because the car just goes WAY too strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.