ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the middle of a clutch replacement. I have the tranmission dropped and I replaced all of the clutch components with new parts. The problem is that it has been raining this past week with the tranny down and all of this is taking place outdoors.

Is there any damage possible from the crazy humidity we have here in Missouri elevated by all of the rain?

The clutch plate and assembly are all bolted up and safely away from actual water, etc. but are open underneath the car as the tranny is still detached.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last weekend made my once a month tear across MO and it rained on me the whole trip. Entered MO south of Keokuk and went all the way to the Lake of the Ozarks and back. Actually passed a guy from Minnesota in a car like mine on 19.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exciting! So you were going to the Lake of the Ozarks?! I basically live there (but not quite). If you come through again let me know!

This is our rainy/stormy season but once it's past it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the year!

·
Registered
657 Posts
i cant see where the humidity could hurt....... as long as everything is dry when you assemble it.. have fun in that rain........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.