ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2400, header, triple webers, 230/240 cam @ .050", .460" lift, 108 degree LSA. Cleanup porting/chamber polish on stock head, fresh valve job, head shaved .015". Any good guesses on power output? What are the rpm limits of a stock shortblock? Oh one last question...anyone know where I can see a diagram of the torquing sequence on this cylinder head? How many lbs-ft do I torque them to?

X X X X X X X
FRONT OF CAR--------->
X X X X X X X

Maybe someone could be nice enough to give me the sequence in this manner?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
887 Posts
start in the middle and work your way out to each end jumping from side to side,I'm not sure as to the ft. lbs.

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
General Rule

Valvetrain notwithstanding, cast pistons have an RPM upper limit of 7000. Rev it over that for long periods, and you should have forged pistons. Right Norm?

Our Land Speed Car has three seasons of 8500 rpom operation on the forged pistons, including several passes at Bonneville with the RPM above 8000 for several minutes at a time. Stock cast units would come apart bigtime in such situations (or even drag race use up in the area of 7600.......)

Index your cam and jetting to maximize power at or around 6500-7000max and you should be o.k. Usually these engines will last quite a while with a HP peak around 6500, but with enough HP at 7000 to allow a slight over rev to catch the big spread in the stock gearbox between 3 and 4.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: General Rule

Hi
Well i cant help you with the calculations but here is the tightening sequence and torque setting's you wanted.....
12 8 4 2 6 10 14
<--- front
11 7 3 1 5 9 13

(NOTE: I showed in reverse engine direction of your ? )

1st turn torque to 32.5 lb.
2nd turn "" 47.0
( if you wanted to know the part # for the torque wrench at nissan is : ST10120000 hehehe straight from the factory manual!!!)

The weird thing is according to the factory manual there is 3 sizes of head bolts while haynes only states 2? is the factory counting the 2 small ones at the head of the engine??? or are their 3 sizes? ( I unfortantly just pulled mine and tossed em in a box any which way since I plan on getting a new set to be safe....)

Hope this helps!

Z ya later
Mike K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.