ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 zx that runs rich when first started. I think it runs rich the whole time after it gets warm also. I was wondering how to lean it out, possibly other problems that could contribute to this. The cold start valve seems to work ok; tested it like it says in the manual. I tested the Air regulator, and it seemed to be ok; cleaned it out. i was thinking of adjusting the air bypass screw, but it looks like it might screw it up, since I don't have n exhaust meter. I think I will test the thermotime and temperature switches. Is there anything else to check? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
>Check the O2 sensor and timing.

I have a 79 zx that runs rich when first
> started. I think it runs rich the whole time
> after it gets warm also. I was wondering how
> to lean it out, possibly other problems that
> could contribute to this. The cold start
> valve seems to work ok; tested it like it
> says in the manual. I tested the Air
> regulator, and it seemed to be ok; cleaned
> it out. i was thinking of adjusting the air
> bypass screw, but it looks like it might
> screw it up, since I don't have n exhaust
> meter. I think I will test the thermotime
> and temperature switches. Is there anything
> else to check? Any advice would be greatly
> appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problems along with some others one fix is to put a jumper on the engine temp sensor not the one that goes to the gauge the one that sits beside the thermotime, this tells the computer the engine is warm. 2 I blocked my air regulator as it appeared to work ok but it wasn't.
3 check that the cold start valve is not working all the time it gets is signal via the thermotime, you can unclip the electric plug on the cold start and see if it makes any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.