ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clint(78Z) gave me a good idea when he mentioned writing an article about his turbo upgrade. If Derek is up to it... maybe some of you guys that are really experienced and use this forum a lot can help out?

If anyone out there has done specific repair work or upgrades to their ride they should write a little how-to article about it. If it's a repair, the content should be specific to one item of repair and might include items such as
1-Description of original problem
2-What steps are taken to perform troubleshooting in order to locate source of problem
3-How to get to the problem area (access and part removal)
4- what tools are required
5-skill level required, time and cost estimate
6-How to fix part (or should we just replace it)

If it's upgrade then
1- reason for upgrade -benefits
2- cost and time
3-skill level
4-how to perform the upgrade

Am I on track here?

I have several items of upgrade and repair that I have done and would be willing to mail to anyone that is willing to start the FAQ.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great Idea!

Steve G 78VR wrote:
-------------------------------

I have several items of upgrade and repair that I have done and would be willing to mail to anyone that is willing to start the FAQ.

I think would help all of us z-people and I'm definently willing to share what I have done / will do in the resurection of my 76. Question for Derek...the articles would have to be e-mailed to you and then posted in a FAQ section...right? so I'm unsure of what Steve means by someone willing to sart the FAQ. A Great Idea..lets see if it will grow!
gary

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am doing documenting my conversion from L28 to L28T in my 77 Z. I would be happy to contribute to the FAQ with the info on my conversion. Let me know if I can help.

John Cooney

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could add detailed headlight relay article

Having already written it and sent it to a couple of folks at 240z.org mailing list

G

·
If you have any articles or reviews that you're willling to donate to the ZCAR.COM FAQ please email them to me.

I would like to put someone in charge of the FAQ section. I'd like to make it very simple to update and add articles.

If I receive any articles I'll put them up ASAP.

If you're enthusiastic about maintaining the FAQ section please email me with your web experience level.

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.