ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops, I just made a big mistake. I just had a new windshield put in my car, along with new rubber seal around it. Then I realized I hadn't put the pillar trim in yet. The pillar trim actually wraps around the windshield frame and is partly held in by the winshield rubber seal. Now I need to get the windshield back out, but I don't want to cut the rubber seal to do it. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to pay a pro to come back out to pull it, and back to reinstall it again. I also don't have time to order a new rubber seal. I was putting the glass in so I can transport the car up to Illinois with me tomorrow to finish it while I'm up there on business. Somebody help!!
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: I found the trick.

Just get two other guys to help and be very, very careful! Worked okay, but would love to hear a better way. Brute force and windshields don't seem to go together. All the while we were trying to get it loose I was just waiting for that hairline crack to appear. looks like I got lucky, this time. Now if I can just find where I put the good trim I'll be in business.
greg
71 240z

> Oops, I just made a big mistake. I just had
> a new windshield put in my car, along with
> new rubber seal around it. Then I realized I
> hadn't put the pillar trim in yet. The
> pillar trim actually wraps around the
> windshield frame and is partly held in by
> the winshield rubber seal. Now I need to get
> the windshield back out, but I don't want to
> cut the rubber seal to do it. Any ideas? I'd
> hate to have to pay a pro to come back out
> to pull it, and back to reinstall it again.
> I also don't have time to order a new rubber
> seal. I was putting the glass in so I can
> transport the car up to Illinois with me
> tomorrow to finish it while I'm up there on
> business. Somebody help!!
> greg
> 71 240z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.