ZCar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1981 turbo with a rebuilt 82 turbo engine and conversion to 5 speed
The car has 292k Kilometers (181k miles)
The 82 engine originally had 105k miles
The 82 engine rebuild has less than 2k miles.
The car has been upgraded to Megasquirt 2.0 EFI system.
The car was stripped and painted in 2002.
It runs great and handles like an 81 turbo.
Hagerty has it appraised at $7000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
What is the condition of the interior?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Very good shape

·
Registered
983 Posts
I you want to sell it, you would need to look for rust, esp under the car, so get it on a lift. Be the eyes of the buyer, ANY defect should be noted, better to disclose than have a deal go south if an obvious defect is not noted.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No rust. I’ve taken car of it all. Ac doesn’t work and the cruise control doesn’t work.other than that everything works in the car.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
On the west coast you could probably get 10-12k for it. Looks clean

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking $8k

·
Registered
1988 NA 300xz, MT; 2014 Chevy cruse, 1.4l Turbo, MT, 2001 Sonoma, 2.2L MT; 2012 Fiat 500 1.4L NA MT
18 Posts
I'm in Western MA, not so far away. Car looks great. $8k seems fair, though I'd probably try and talk you down to $7 or $7.5. Have my eye on an 88 31z, not sealed the deal the tho. You ready to sell?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in Western MA, not so far away. Car looks great. $8k seems fair, though I'd probably try and talk you down to $7 or $7.5. Have my eye on an 88 31z, not sealed the deal the tho. You ready to sell?
8k will come with a lot of spare parts.

·
Registered
1988 NA 300xz, MT; 2014 Chevy cruse, 1.4l Turbo, MT, 2001 Sonoma, 2.2L MT; 2012 Fiat 500 1.4L NA MT
18 Posts
8k will come with a lot of spare parts.

I bought the 88 300zx i was chasing yesterday.
Good luck tho! Your's looks well worth $8K

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought the 88 300zx i was chasing yesterday.
Good luck tho! Your's looks well worth $8K
Congrats. I forgot to mentioned that this car has been signed by Mr. K. If you know anyone, let me know. Hope to Z you on the highway.

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's odd that Hagerty would have that car at $7K. The pictures are a bit odd, something about the fisheye lens, so it's hard to really see it's condition, but it looks like it'll clean up very nice, so IDK where the $7K comes from.

The pics make the inside look like it wasn't prepped well, as if it needs a few hours of detailing. No under hood pics, but you say rebuilt 82 turbo.

The pics make the paint look pretty new, not 18 years old. You say rust free, so I'm thinking the $7K really doesn't hit it.

I'd say in the $12~14K range if it's really cleaned up. Meaning you don't have any rust spots, the inside is properly detailed and everything works.

The thing about a cars that are 40ish years old is that all kinds of things can start going bad. From brake lines/booster/cyl, to fuel lines/pumps/rusted tank, under the paint rust that won't show up for years...

-------------------------------------------

Just did a quick check, $7,900 is good and $20,900 is excellent. That's nearly a 300% increase from one to another.

I've done full frame off restos before, it's a real pain. Every line, everything has to be gone thru. Do you have a site with non-fisheye pics and some under hood, under body?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's odd that Hagerty would have that car at $7K. The pictures are a bit odd, something about the fisheye lens, so it's hard to really see it's condition, but it looks like it'll clean up very nice, so IDK where the $7K comes from.

The pics make the inside look like it wasn't prepped well, as if it needs a few hours of detailing. No under hood pics, but you say rebuilt 82 turbo.

The pics make the paint look pretty new, not 18 years old. You say rust free, so I'm thinking the $7K really doesn't hit it.

I'd say in the $12~14K range if it's really cleaned up. Meaning you don't have any rust spots, the inside is properly detailed and everything works.

The thing about a cars that are 40ish years old is that all kinds of things can start going bad. From brake lines/booster/cyl, to fuel lines/pumps/rusted tank, under the paint rust that won't show up for years...

-------------------------------------------

Just did a quick check, $7,900 is good and $20,900 is excellent. That's nearly a 300% increase from one to another.

I've done full frame off restos before, it's a real pain. Every line, everything has to be gone thru. Do you have a site with non-fisheye pics and some under hood, under body?
I didn’t prep it at all for the pictures. I think 8k is a fair deal.
AC is not working, Cruise Control is not working, rear wiper is not working. Everything else works. The seats are original and have been reupholstered. New carpet.new dash.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i think 10-12 if it was really cleaned up, it might be worth investing in a good detailing service if there is one local to you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts