ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how much PSI a 280ZX would have to run to beat a 3000GT VR4 the one with Twin Turbo and AWD can it be done? with out tons of mods?

just was thinking one day....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: how much PSI would you have to run to beat a V

> does anyone know how much PSI a 280ZX would
> have to run to beat a 3000GT VR4 the one
> with Twin Turbo and AWD can it be done? with
> out tons of mods?

> just was thinking one day....
depends on the modifications to the zxt... I know a guy with an 80, retrofitted w/a T3/4 turbine. Nismo high comp pistons, good intake and exhaust, HKS VPC, isuzu diesel intercooler, and other goodies. He keeps it at 6-8 psi and runs low 11's in the 1/4 mile. ::Shrug:: it's all about the details I guess. He has no interior in it, no carpet, just a dash and the racing seat (2200 lb ZX!)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

man just think if he run 14+ PSI hmmmm

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
crank up the boost and go get 'em

> man just think if he run 14+ PSI hmmmm

any car can be beat, just get yer gut full of being waxed, and you'll know what to do. Personally w/o a turbo, I don't pick on anyone, but I do like to see the newbies show up to the AutoX in their new expensive cars, and no driver, and get beat by a car that costs a fraction of theirs, with a fraction of the power. Pick your battleground!!!!

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

> does anyone know how much PSI a 280ZX would
> have to run to beat a 3000GT VR4 the one
> with Twin Turbo and AWD can it be done? with
> out tons of mods?

> just was thinking one day....
Those other people arent helping A ZXT can compete with a 3000GT easily but you need some mods.stock turbo is safe up to 15lbs Retard your timing and add a 2lb of gas:1lb of boost rising rate regulator and an intercooler would help even more Starion or early Supra work fine for budget oriented

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.