ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear struts are just about shot. Looking at previous post, it looks like they no longer make the struts for the adjustable suspension. Since I am looking for nothing special for new struts, how much would this cost me? I don't have the know how to repair this on my own, so how much would a mechanic soak me on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You don't have rear struts, they are shocks. They most definetly make shocks for adjustible suspension cars, they only don't make new OEM Replacement shocks that will work with your electronic adjustible controls. Go to your local auto parts store and see about cheap shocks available.

Good performing shocks for the price are Tokico Hp's or Blues as they are more commonly known as. You can pick some up here.

If your not worried about them lasting for long, or controlling your springs well, your best bet is just get some cheapies.

It should be fairly simple and easy for a mechanic to do this; but as I did mine myself, I don't know how much they would cost you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've had KYB's for a while. No Problems. I would reccomend them for sure. But Tokico's ARE better. If I ever have to get new shocks it will be Tokico. I just don't want to replace good shocks so until then, I will use the KYB's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I buy the tokico blues, would I have to buy a kit along with it or could I just purchase the shocks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.