ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found the problem with the car. The fuel hose was not sealed and the entire motor was fuel soaked. I had to replace the spark plugs again and the hose. I also discovered that the rear calipers have leaks and the front pads need to be changed, the friction reline must be done as well. If I get all this done, how much would the 79 280zx be worth??? The interior is in great condition and the motor only had those slight problems, which are now repaired. If you would know, I appreciate your help....by they way, thanx for all the other help as well..

iamsid

· Registered
1,031 Posts
It's hard to say without seeing it first hand, but $3-6k sounds reasonable unless it is special in some way you didn't mention.

I'm going to talk about Z value in general for a moment. It ticks me off when people say they have a perfect Z that they only spent $10 grand on. Yeah, it's perfect except for this that and the other thing they didn't mention. I'll tell you something for sure: Unless you inherit a mint Z or have some serious professional skill in body work/mechanics, you will not have a PERFECT Z for less than $30k. I mean perfect as in there are no clunks, wobbles, leaks, not one spot of rust, performs well all around etc. etc. Not even a worn speedo cable.....basically a new car bumper to bumper.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but:

IF YOU WANT A Z THAT LOOKS AND FEELS BRAND NEW AND GOES LIKE A VETTE THEN YOU HAD BETTER BE PREPARED TO COUGH UP WHAT YOU WOULD PAY FOR A NEW VETTE

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Ask 10K ...then negotiate to get the best price...remember your car is worth only what someone else will pay for it...what are similar cars selling for in your area???
...go look at other cars for sale and check out their condition/appearance/price then compare with your car...a car in rust-free country might sell at a very different price than one in a rust-prone place...here on this site you will get many, many
different estimates...including mine: if you car is "perfect" I might (emphasize "might") offer you $2500...but then I turned down a "perfect" 86 that was $2500 just last month...I wish you luck... :eek:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.