ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

how much did you pay for your EGT gauge and sender

609 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SleeperZ 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting an egt gauge for my 83 280zxt. My understanding is that I need one that goes past 1600 degrees and I found one where I work that goes to 1800 I can get the guage and thermocoupler for like $121. theres a chance I might be able to get it a little cheaper...but what did you guys pay for yours? and whered you get them? also, about what temperatures would be considered safe...and what point is too hot? thanks guys.

Spork

#4 ·
Re: how much did you pay for your EGT gauge and se

Just a warning that not all EGT probes are created equal. Generally, the cheaper the probe the slower the reaction time. I decided to go with the Autometer "Competition" series probe, and "Ultra-Lite" gauge. Each was about $100. Autometer has a street searies kit that includes both the guage and probe for $100. It all depends on what your goal is of course...

Nigel
'73 240Z Turbo

#5 ·

I have the Autometer Sportcomp gauge and sender. It seesm to work pretty well but, I can see that there has to be a faster reacting unit than this but, like Nigel said, It all depends on what you want to do.

Overall I'm happy with mine. I just take into consderation that the unit is not 100% acurate.

Cody 82 ZXT

#7 ·

ISSPRO for the set up.. Gauge, wire & probe.. I paid around $250.00-260. for mine. Very responsive :)

Donna

#8 ·
Clamp style???

Clamp style probe??? How's that? Your probe should be threaded into your exhaust manifold right before the turbo. (example like your O2 Sensor)

Donna
Curious to see this

#10 ·

Bought a used gauge on Ebay for $22 (aircraft), and just bought an open type K probe (inconel sleeve, bare tip for FAST response) and compression fitting from omega (www.omega.com) for $46. Gonna drill and tap my exhaust manifold on #6 cylinder to a 1/8" NPT, run the probe to the gauge inside the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.