ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting an egt gauge for my 83 280zxt. My understanding is that I need one that goes past 1600 degrees and I found one where I work that goes to 1800 I can get the guage and thermocoupler for like $121. theres a chance I might be able to get it a little cheaper...but what did you guys pay for yours? and whered you get them? also, about what temperatures would be considered safe...and what point is too hot? thanks guys.

Spork

· Registered
695 Posts
Re: how much did you pay for your EGT gauge and se

Just a warning that not all EGT probes are created equal. Generally, the cheaper the probe the slower the reaction time. I decided to go with the Autometer "Competition" series probe, and "Ultra-Lite" gauge. Each was about $100. Autometer has a street searies kit that includes both the guage and probe for $100. It all depends on what your goal is of course...

Nigel
'73 240Z Turbo

· Registered
745 Posts

I have the Autometer Sportcomp gauge and sender. It seesm to work pretty well but, I can see that there has to be a faster reacting unit than this but, like Nigel said, It all depends on what you want to do.

Overall I'm happy with mine. I just take into consderation that the unit is not 100% acurate.

Cody 82 ZXT

· Registered
1,244 Posts

ISSPRO for the set up.. Gauge, wire & probe.. I paid around $250.00-260. for mine. Very responsive :)

Donna

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Clamp style???

Clamp style probe??? How's that? Your probe should be threaded into your exhaust manifold right before the turbo. (example like your O2 Sensor)

Donna
Curious to see this

· Registered
492 Posts

...that seems to be the price range of the ones ive been looking @......is your's accurate (kind of)....are you satisfied w/it?....s

· Registered
1,784 Posts

Bought a used gauge on Ebay for $22 (aircraft), and just bought an open type K probe (inconel sleeve, bare tip for FAST response) and compression fitting from omega (www.omega.com) for $46. Gonna drill and tap my exhaust manifold on #6 cylinder to a 1/8" NPT, run the probe to the gauge inside the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.