ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking, if I shave an N42 Norm-style .070, and find one of those 2mm HK$ head gaskets, I could have a high compression (10.6:1) l28 with flat top pistons. hopefully this wouldnt ping (im at high altitude) on 91 octane. So can this be done without shimming the cam towers because i'd be adding thickness to the head gasket? I really like the combustion chamber of the shaved N42, looks like (and proven) that it could take some serious compression. What does everyone think?

· Registered
4,034 Posts
Re: how much can you shave a head and not use towe

You can avoid pinging by retarding the timing and running the engine cooler. 10.6:1 may be high for 91 octane. (I guess you are in CA) I would smooth out the top of the heart chamber for denotation proof.

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: how much can you shave a head and not use towe

redirecting me to the search was a real slick move there buddy. too bad it didn't answer my question, huh? I'm no newbie here, don't treat me like an idiot or I will treat you as one right back.

Al

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re sorry dood.......................

sorry i blew up like that, its just that i already knew all the info in the archives. physics homework puts me into an irritable state sometimes. no hard feelings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.