ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost can you run with out an intercooler on the stock 84 turbo with out hurting your turbo or motor?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
tough question to answer but first of all make SURE you have a good boost gauge that reads acurate boost, you can run 9 or 10 PSI's and SHOULD be safe, ofcourse I don't know your car, how many miles and how good it runs.
you be the judge

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought a faze gauge. I dont know if its good or not havent hooked it up yet. And its an 84 ae with like 66k miles on it. runs great. Also people have told me to get a stage 2 clutch on it cuz i need a new one and i was wondering how much will i that help the car?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought a new air intake and exhaust so what do i have to do now? and what will a boost controller do?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol k i looked at that and now i know what i have to do what which one should i buy or what would you recomend? I am getting like $450 next week so should i just get a boost controller?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
As for the clutch I recommend getting an ACT clutch, and www.thespecshop.com has the best price I know of.
And I agree with th2thmansZ that about 9-10 psi. is the most reliably without a intercooler.

Post Edited (Aug 25, 10:20pm)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
stupid question #25 on my list of stupid frequently asked questions.

<http://www.az-zbum.com/faqs.shtml>

How much boost can I run?
Eleventy billion. Seriously. Depends on (but not limited to):
engine condition - includes:
pistons
rods
valves
spark plugs
wires
fuel injectors
fuel pressure
fuel pump
etc
octane fuel used
air density
temperature (air and engine)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ive been running an ACT clutch for 1 year now with no problems. The most power I was able to get out of the stock clutch was 290rwhp and then it started slipping on the dyno, although the dyno puts more strain on the clutch rather than if you were on the street.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Most high-perfonace race teams use Spec clutches. I walked into a place here in Central Fla. where they do nothing but build high-perf. Porches, Nissans, Toyotas, and one other manufacturer, and they said that they have tried almost every clutch out there, and Spec was the best. My bro has a 6-puck sprung clutch from Spec on his 413 rwhp SR powered 240sx, no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
154 Posts
so over all buy a act centerforce clutch, a boost controler( not a cheep one), and a new better boost gauge, then you can run what every you feel like running in your car as long as you know what will happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.