ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the engine out of a 76 280z and put it in a 77 280z. The 76 distributor had three wires coming from it and the 77 only had two. Since the 77 car only had two places for the wires to hook up, I changed the distributors around. Will that cause a problem with fuel injectors??? cause now the injectors will not pump fuel into the intake. I changed the ECU and the harness but still it will not run. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?Please help. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
596 Posts
Some cars had a two wire distributor, that led to a junction block on the inner fender...then to the Ignition Unit under the dash. Some had four wires, two on each plug...that distributor hada and external bolt on module that fed the ECU the pulse signal. I've never seen one with three...which harness did you use, and what igntion system do you have. The under dash type is separate from the EFI harness, sounds like your module isn't talking to your ECU. Tim

·
Registered
972 Posts
The 76 and 77 EFI systems were quite different, you'd probably need the wiring diagrams from both to hack those together. Or use the entire 77 EFI harness.

ConorP

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know this is no help at all, but I just put a 280 engine in my 260... the harness in the 260 had three wires for the distributor but the distributor in the 280 block had two wires... I swapped out disrtribs and haven't had a problem... of course, I'm primitive... I don't have fuel injection and all that mess... I'm more or less just backing up that some did have three wires...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.