ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new caliper on the front left of my car. Well I start bleeding the brakes, and my sister is pumpin the brakes and holding while I loose the bleeder valve, and this thing keeps on spittin out air with the fluid. We probably went through 30 cycles. How many times do I have to do this? I notice in the master cylinder there are a few small air bubbles under the little screen. Do ya think that's the problem? Is there a way to bleed the master cylinder or do I just need to keep at it on this brake?

The pedal will get super stiff, and as soon as I turn the car on and we push the pedal, right back to the floor.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Re: How many times do I have to pump to bleed the freakin brakes

you need to bleed the whole system sounds like something wasn't done right and air got into the whole system try bleeding all of them! But first are you bleeding them properly? You need to have the hose in a bottle and on the bleeder valve and then pump the air out

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yea the hose is in a bottle. It says if only one hose was removed or line opened, you only need to bleed that brake. Besides the **** bleeder valve on the back left caliper is stuck and stripped and I can't get it off.

·
Registered
793 Posts

I know what you mean that same sh!t happened to me! I had to replace the whole caliper.. Are you sure theres no dot 3 leaking all over the ground some where?

·
Registered
540 Posts

heat the cal[per ever so lightly and apply wd 40

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Matt - I don't know if this will help you or not as I wrote it for clutch bleeding but below is a link to a little writeup that I put together of tips that helped me through my clutch bleeding. Particularly the 1-man bleed kit was a lifesaver.

http://www.zheritage.com/index.php?page=clutchbleed

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I might have to get one of those dang 1 man pumps for the thing. I just have to get a little torch I guess and heat up that bleeder bolt and tighten the vice grips WAY tight and get it outta there.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I might have to get one of those dang 1 man pumps for the thing. I just have to get a little torch I guess and heat up that bleeder bolt and tighten the vice grips WAY tight and get it outta there.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

Matt - That 1-man bleeder kit was a *huge* help when I was bleeding the clutch. Before using it I had a helluva time getting the air to not leak out while I was trying to bleed it. They are worth the 8-bucks from Autozone :).

·
Registered
548 Posts

If you have to bleed the whole system (like it sounds) I always start with the right rear, then the left rear, right front and then left front. And like Stu85na said get one of those bleeder kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.