ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my 76 280z i now have a n54 block with flat top pistions a n47 head. the block and head are all stock.the other parts i have are header and 2 1/2 exhaust dyno bullet.accel coil.and cold air induction.can any one tell me about how many ponys i got.and how much h/p will a cam give me.will i have a problem with the vavle hiting the pistion.also with this engine and a r-200 rear end with 3:90 gears and a 4 speed run in the 1/4 mile.thanks for all the help

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
76 stock means your fuel injected I take it, I would say right now you might be getting around 145 rwhp maybe a little less. As far as a cam goes it all depends on the cam, hp and valve contact wise. You can run lots of cams with out valve clearance issues but there are just as many you can't. 1/4 times I would say low 15's high 14's depends on which 4 spd you have too.

All this is quessing though, you really should look for a dyno, to see where your at now and discuss cams, the stock computer will adjust to a new cam but there are still tweaks you can do to get the most out of that only a dyno will be able to show.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.