ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how many 1996 300ZX's were put out in North America? I've seen different sources site 300-400 to 3000. Anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i do believe theres a write up in tt.net faq, im sorry i dont know for sure

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Nobody knows for absolute certain. The TT.net statistics are very unproportionate.

Maybe that VIN archive could tell ya. Check here:
<http://www.az-zbum.com/cgi-bin/z32registry.pl>

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im still trying to figure that out...

if we look at the nissan dbase numbers there are about 2900 or so 96s, however if we then run some of those vins a number of them come back as not valid.

hence the true number still remains unkown.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Define "don't work." Like, don't exist? Or just no information on them? Could it be differences in the software? For instance--some of the Z's in the online archive could also be Canadian but the program you're using to run them doesn't have info on Canadian Z's.

Post Edited (Jan 18, 10:47pm)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Basically dont exist. Unless the car entered the US and then dissapeared off the face of the earth, there is always at least one entry, so when no entries show up its a bad vin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if the vehicle reached a dealer, then it has an entry.

obviously if a car never reached a dealer then we cannot track it.

so maybe somewhere out there there are hundreds of hijacked and hidden 96s.........got jacked on the way to the dealer.....hmmm

·
Registered
285 Posts
" The Last 300" only means you have one the last 300 Zs imported to the US, and does not mean that there were only 300 imported that year.

Bob

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yup; this is one TT.net got wrong, as one of the FAQ contributors claims there were only 300 96s brought/sold in the States. You guys are nearer the mark, somewhere between 2500-3000. According to a CNN report I recorded marking the "death" of the Z in October of '96, just over 2000 had been sold to that point. I wish I could convert some of my VHS crap to digital; wouldn't it be nice to have a GOOD copy of the Nick and Roxanne Z commercial?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.