ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
dave and i did it in a decent amount of time... was it fun. NO! be prepared and unlike us, give yourself atleast a day to do it for the love of god. oh and remember to get a clutch alignment tool because trust me... you'll kick yourself if you dont. outside that, just take your time and try to get a buddy to help you, im sure dave can tell you that a transmission on your chest aint much fun.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
I always like having two extra people helping when doing a clutch job along with a couple extra floor jacks. That is for no other reason then putting the trans back up.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Getting the transmission raised back up properly and "stabbed" into the cranshaft is the toughest part by far. Plan your steps carefully and always keep plenty of support on the tranny to keep it from falling or rolling when you're raising it. They like to roll over toward the passenger side when they're coming down and going back up.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
It isn't too hard. You just need to follow the steps, make sure you label and keep track of the bolts, etc. Do you have stock precats? That could make it a little more difficult, I removed my downpipes to get at the side and upper bolts, it wasn't all that hard to get them out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.