ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a little about cold air induction and how much better will this make a Z (78 280Z) perform? What are any of your expierences with cold air? Just got curious and wanted to know?
KG78Z

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
you can actually feel a little better acceleration w/ a larger air filter mounted in front of the radiator.but 'it' feels better with the addition of a larger throttle body and a ZXT-AFM,headers and at least a 2" exhaust with a free flow muffler.AND 'it' feels evan better with a cam and flat top pistons. AND 'it' feels a lot better if you want to spend several grand on a intercooled turbo engine w/after market fuel management,or a V-8 . the point is,like any other 'hobby' ya get what ya pay for,or the more ya spend the faster it'll go.!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
you can actually feel a little better acceleration w/ a larger air filter mounted in front of the radiator.but 'it' feels better with the addition of a larger throttle body and a ZXT-AFM,headers and at least a 2" exhaust with a free flow muffler.AND 'it' feels evan better with a cam and flat top pistons. AND 'it' feels a lot better if you want to spend several grand on a intercooled turbo engine w/after market fuel management,or a V-8 . the point is,like any other 'hobby' ya get what ya pay for,or the more ya spend the faster it'll go.! http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL7/75345/227537/4881321.ptp

·
Registered
548 Posts
Noticeable difference over stock.

Yep.. Breathes better when combined with a good exhaust. I will never go back to stock. I even trashed the old filter housing. Not worth storing after a year with the K&N. I haven't looked back once since installing mine. No regrets.

Joe

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Your 78 Z already HAS cold-air induction!!!!!!...if it's stock, that is...but the stock filter could be replaced with a K&N filter...you might see some improvement...but as others have said: real serious mods are needed for performance !!! ...but then my 78 Z runs MUCH faster after washing & waxing it !!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.