ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1979 280zx. I was told by lots of different people that it is faster than mustang 5.0s and so on/. Like what is the top speed for a top notch 79 280zx. I was also wondering what could I get on my car to make it faster. Im already getting a straight six header for it, and a retro fit turbo charger on it. I was also wondering if you could tell me the name of some sites with perfomance or regular parts for sale, and sites with free catalogs. Thanks for your time.
Joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
www.victoriabritish.com or something like that. they jack up the prices about $20-$30 so they suck but give a good idea of parts.

www.zcarparts.com motorsport. most z guys like em. ususaly can find better deals tho. they will send you one free catalog and all others are like $10. i even ordered crap and they didnt send a new catalog :O(

i have found so many things for my zx just here at zcar.com. everyone is great and offers some of the best help (most of the time).

my 82 280zx na has gotten around 130 on a state high way and runs well around 77 for long periods of time. ive never seen a stock z beat a stang. but the only stangs i raced were all "suped" up. if you are wondering about a suped up z (top notch?) then **** yes that can eat up stangs and almost anything else that gets in your way.

i have beeting a nice amout of cars tho. i enjoy killing the ricers cars (www.riceboy.com) it just makes em sad. i have killed a few suped up trucks and a mustang once! if you want some fun cars to kill find an elcipse or a talon. lol. good luck. enjoy the z

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey sup. Just to give you an idea I got the same car you got except hyped up. I have beaten 2 dodge vipers out of three. the reason i lost one of the races is becauses I hit to many RPM's and blew my trans. But it's fixed and im still racing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
hey sup. Just to give you an idea I got the same car you got except hyped up. I have beaten 2 dodge vipers out of three. the reason i lost one of the races is becauses I hit to many RPM's and blew my trans. But it's fixed and im still racing.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Let me get this straight

A guy named Joe beat 2 vipers in his 79280ZX and then another person named James did the same thing. Wow, coincidence I think not!

I'll say this I have a pretty hot Z, but I have yet to tackle any vipers, but I would probably run this (these!) 79 ZX's without much fear of losing. Vipers normally with street tires are mid 12 second 1/4 mile machines.

What do these cars consist of?

Later
Matt

·
Registered
996 Posts
Back to the original topic

Stock the normally asprirated ZX will run 0-60 about 7.5-8.0 and top out around 125-130 mph. 1/4 mile not sure should be in the 16's. Most hondas will give a stock ZX a run for its money. Neons are a good race too.

The good thing about Z's is that they take modifications well. HP #'s can climb quickly.

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Hey, Alan!</b>

Thanks for expressing the proper response to Joe and James...

Actually, I've beaten SIX Vipers in my Z. (They were all on a transport truck that was pulling out from a dealership.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.