ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before syncing my carbs I would like to set the float levels correctly. I have read that the fuel level should be visible just below the top of the jet nozzle with the suction chamber and piston removed, mine are not even close. What is the easiest and most accurate way to set the float levels without the use of special tools? I have the float chamber covers off now and need a little help here Thanks. P.S. I'm using standard needles and have the black foam floats.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
take the covers of of your float bowls, turn them upside down and level. adjust the float so the bottom of the float is about 10 mm above the cover. The gasket might need replacing, so you might want to get a simple kit for the carbs...they come with a guage to set the float. Cost about 8 bucks each.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: I Still Need Help!! Please!!

I'm sorry but that's not not quite enough information. Can you tell me why the front float bowl cover is different from the rear, in that the posts that the little float lever rod sits in are at different heights? And why are the needle valves I have different lengths, which one goes where? Do you still set both floats the same way? Do you measure the distance from the end of the float that is tilting down to the inside surface of the cover, and this should be 10mm right when the tab touches the needle (Haynes and and other manuals say 14mm to 15mm)? Should I definitely see fuel at the jet nozzles when set properly, is this the best way to check the proper level? Thanks for any answers, I'll be standing by, since I can't drive anywhere at the moment. Cris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.