ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
water temperature sensor i took mine out and try to check it with a ohm meter when i stuck the test lead to the prongs then meter did nothing.can some one tell me how the fsm says to test it.with the car running and warmed up i unplug it and it did not canges how the car was running.thanks ahead of time

· Registered
2,096 Posts
does it have continuity? if unplugging it did nothing to the engine, that is totally weird. Mine was so corroded that it read incorrectly and mad the car run rich and like shiteza, when I replaced the connector it ran perfect again, when I disconnected it while running it shut off. Anyway if yours has no continuity then its dead.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
hey freez...

check your email. I sent you a zip file from my '78 FSM engine fuel section. All the tests are in there.
Every night take your spare change and stick it in a jar. Before you know it, you will have enough for a FSM.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
I hate to ask this but are you sure you disconnected the temp sensor and not the thermotime switch. If you got the right one, in general the temp sensor should read around 2000 to 3000 ohms at room temp (around 68d F) and in the range of 200 to 300 ohms at around 180d F (engine hot temp).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.