ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not on my toilet, on my carbs:) I'm having problems with backfiring when not at full throttle on my 4-bolt round top carbs when I go to accelarate at a normal speed. any suggestions? I couldn't really find much in the archives.
-andrew
73 240z
82 zx

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
its alot easier if you have them off and the fuel bowl seperate.. then you can be positive theyre right when you put the float bowl back on..if you do it while theyre on its hard to get them back in without changing float height.. it can be very frustrating.. well that didnt answer your question so ill try now.. ok you take the float bowl top off the carb put a clean hose on the fuel inlet(for you to blow through) mark off 9/16's or 14mm on your ruler. hold the ruler to the top of the float bowl top. not the inner recessed part do it at the edge. blow through hose.. push float up until you cant blow through the hose anymore.. exactly at the point when it reaches the mark on the ruler the flow should stop.. you have to bend the little tab on the back of the float to adjust it.. after you get it right do it a few more times just to make sure. it has to be PERFECT believe me. then be careful when you put it back in the bowl.. i was doing it and putting it back in only to upset the adjustment even worse.. very annoying.. then you have to do it all over again..while there you should replace those screws with nice allen head screws.. itll cost you like 3 bucks but theyre alot better than halfway phillips screws..i changed the ones on the dometop too..

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
dont hesitate to email me.. if you want to call call(914)879 3543.. sometimes its hard to explain things in writing.. dont call past 11pm est though please

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.