ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside the ovals on my slotted mags their is a thick layer of black residue. It is a combination of brake and road grime. What is the best way to remove this?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: How can I remove the black residue on slotted

> Inside the ovals on my slotted mags their is
> a thick layer of black residue. It is a
> combination of brake and road grime. What is
> the best way to remove this?

I first used some steal wool. This usualy tends to remove some of the paint but on mine it didnt take off that much. I also did the eitire rim with the steal wool to get it shiny. I do this about twice a month. To keep it clean inbetween i use Blue Coral car wash. Our kmart sells it for 30cents a big spray bottle. This stuff will work on anything. You can just spray it on the wheel and let it do the work.

If you dont want to use steal wool there are many wheal cleaners out there the say they work. I use a aluminum cleaner but only the outsides of the wheal are aluminum.
Hope this helps.

Will

Come.to/izcar

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: How can I remove the black residue on slotted

> I first used some steal wool. This usualy
> tends to remove some of the paint but on
> mine it didnt take off that much. I also did
> the eitire rim with the steal wool to get it
> shiny. I do this about twice a month. To
> keep it clean inbetween i use Blue Coral car
> wash. Our kmart sells it for 30cents a big
> spray bottle. This stuff will work on
> anything. You can just spray it on the wheel
> and let it do the work.

> If you dont want to use steal wool there are
> many wheal cleaners out there the say they
> work. I use a aluminum cleaner but only the
> outsides of the wheal are aluminum.
> Hope this helps.

> Will

> Come.to/izcar
A good bottle brush or toothbrush and some simple green
cleaner works well, a little labor intensive but worth it.
a less aggressive way to polish your rims is with simichrome polish, this stuff is the best!
follow with a good paste wax and your rims will stay looking good longer and be easier to clean later.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Sos pads, a water hose, a cloth, and Mothers!

> n/c

The above mentioned combination works wonders for me, if my rims are slightly rusted, and they are chrome or aluminum, I use a water hose, sos pad to scrub with, the soap inside them does a really good job on rust, use the hose to spray off the rim, then use the cloth to apply the Mothers aluminum wheel polish liberally all around the rim, it's just like waxing a car, put it on, let it haze, rub it out. And you will have some great looking rims, and dont forget the Black Majick tire shine, that stuff is awesome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.