ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 91 Maxima, I have newer tires on it, but it still seems as though there is alot of road/wind noise. Do any of you guys have any recommendations? I would like to get the cabin as quiet as possible. I thought about undercoating the wheel wells?

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you try replacing the weather stripping? Also they make alot of sound deadners. Try floor padding under the carpet.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
United States Patent 5644641

In a noise cancelling device including a first subtractor (5) for producing a first difference signal as a noise cancelled signal by subtracting a first pseudo signal from an input signal having a main signal and a first noise signal superposed on the main signal and a first adaptive filter (4) for processing a second noise signal correlated with the first noise signal into the first pseudo signal in accordance with filter coefficients thereof, a second subtractor (7) subtracts a second pseudo signal from the first pseudo signal to produce a second difference signal. A second adaptive filter (6) processes the second noise signal into the second pseudo signal in accordance with filter coefficients thereof. First and second power averaging circuits (8 and 9) produce first and second averages (P1 and P2) of power of the second difference signal and the first pseudo signal, respectively. A step size calculating circuit (10) calculates, from the first and the second averages, a step size for use in renewal of the filter coefficients of each adaptive filter in deciding a rate of convergence of each adaptive filter at a time. The first adaptive filter renews the filter coefficients thereof into renewed filter coefficients in accordance with the second noise signal, the first difference signal, and the step size. The second adaptive filter renews the filter coefficients thereof into renewed filter coefficients in accordance with the second noise signal, the second difference signal, and the step size.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5644641.html

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
They come pretty quiet out of the factory. I have a 94. Chances are you have some weather stripped or something like that missing. Follow the noise, find the ripped/torn weather stripping, replace. If you want to get serious start pulling out your interior and lay "dynomat" down everywhere you can. It will make a big difference but you would be investing some serious time in doing the whole car...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Road noise - use closer tread tires.

Wind noise - tape wife's mouth shut.

·
Registered