ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got possession of a 1982 280ZX and there is no owners manual. It need quite a bit of work but don't know anything about it. ex turbo or not, engine size etc....

can anybody tell me where I can get some info from like the VIN.

any help would be appreaciated

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to sound like a newbie lamer but. How can I tell the engine size, (all stickers under hood are gone) and what is a 2x2?? these are a couple i can think of right off hand

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOL! I was the same way, I still ain't the know it all but from experience I'm learning.
Your 82 is a L28 some say it's 180 horse but it only has 130 at the wheels, 2+2 is your back seats, their are two seaters and ours (2+2) four seaters.

You can smoke most (98%) 6 cylinders and some 8 cylinders. Gas isn't too great but who cares the cars bit##en.

Easy to work on, get your hands dirty.
Anything else?

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOL! I was the same way, I still ain't the know it all but from experience I'm learning.
Your 82 is a L28 some say it's 180 horse but it only has 130 at the wheels, 2+2 is your back seats, their are two seaters and ours (2+2) four seaters.

You can smoke most (98%) 6 cylinders and some 8 cylinders. Gas isn't too great but who cares the cars bit##en.

Easy to work on, get your hands dirty.
Anything else?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The best thing you can do is get yourself a Datsun factory shop manual for your car. It will have all the information you need to work on your car. You can find original paper copies on ebay. Reprints are available as are CD versions. Search the archives for the sources of these.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.