ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the proper-size heater hose work as temporary smog-pump hose on my 260?
The outlet hose has several bends and cost around $73-76 at MSA. My 260 doesn't have a lot of stuff under the hood; therefore, I think I can hook it up without as many bends without crimping the hose. What I don't know is whether or not there is enough suction to collapse the hose. If so, perhaps, I can use some bendable-steel pipe in the inlet hose. In Vegas, we have only the sniff test and it is close to time. I will be using information and tips from an email from Tony D. and all the information that all of you have provided me to attempt to past this test the first go around. For at least a million times (it seems), thanks, Ernest (240/260Z) Las Vegas

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WillieBoy240Z, thank you very much. The Z man, who has a reputation for good knowledge and service, here in Vegas said that I was having problems last year because I did not have a pump, so I failed the sniff. He major tuned it which cost me $130+. The previous year he rebuilt the carbs the previous year, because it failed. It is getting very costly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Check wrecking yards

WillieBoy240Z, the law here is the vehicle must be a 1968 or earlier. If I do not pass it without the additive the first go-around, I will try it the second. Again, thanks Ernest
240/260Z

Adam_260z, this is worth checking into. The salvage yards here are limited and horrible when it comes to 240-280Zs. But I will call. Thanks, Ernest

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Check wrecking yards

Willieboy240, for the past two years, I had the test done at a Z shop. I believe the test itself cost either $23 or $27. The reinspection did not cost. Today, I had my PU smog tested at a small smog station, with a coupon that I had, it cost $16 and they will match anyones cost, according to a sign. Retest does not cost. Thanks for inquiring and your interest. I will continue working on the 260, run it and take it in. Ernest (240/260)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.