ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...I posted my 1974 datsun 260Z on ebay Item # 2494178439 and this guy asked me about how much horse power in my car??
I am not that expert on this field I only drive it.My car has L28(3.0) in line 6,89 pistons,n47 head,n42 block, 1-6 equal lingth header,holley 4 barrel 390cfm carb,arizona Z car manifold intake,5 speed trany(non turbo),center force stage 2 clutch and 4 row radiator.
So please guys calculate the horse power in my carand please let me know.
Thanks alot....I need to sell my car.

·
Registered
620 Posts
around 130 - 150 hp at the crank.

Which is a pretty good power to weight ratio in a 240z

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
l-28 3-liter? Which is it? And l-28 stock is 2.8 liters, if youa re at 3 then you had work done.....The stock l-28 n-42 block n-47 head was rated at something like 170 HP and I would guess with your mods you should be expecting around the same.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
The L28 was rated at 135-145hp net at the crank or about 120hp to the rear wheels. The 170hp is the gross hp measurement which hasn't been used since the early 70's and has no buisness being stated in todays worls since we now measure hp by net. Any questions on gross vs net hp readings do a search as I'm not going to get into that right now. As for what your car has it is very hard to say. The best way to know is to dyno the car. If I were you I wouln't quote him a hp number becuase if he dyno's it after purchase and it's less than what you said he could sue you for false advertising and make this a very unpleasent expierence. Too many factors come into how much hp you have. Being that you have the holley carb on there that is a big factor becuase if it's not tunned right you could be losing big hp from it. As for the header it's probably only worth 5 or less hp. Also I'm curious as to what the "Arizona Z car manifold intake" is? Is this some kind of ported out intake manifold or what? In any case I would say you have anywhere from 100-150hp at the rear wheels. It all depends on what altitude you are at, the condition of the engine, the way the car is tunned, etc. Again I wouldn't quote an hp number unless you got it from a dyno. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.