Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Power

7K views 141 replies 30 participants last post by  300zx first car 
#1 ·
Whats is the most hp you all have ever seen on a n\a motor

#27 ·
Somebody is in a shitty mood...
I don't think so. It is one thing to claim things... It is certainly another to post results and explain. The later has not been done.
If it is possible, by all means "show us".

#28 ·
Stick with stock Yes, for my street TT. There aint no rules for race motors and I didn't buy off the shelf bolt on goodies like you guys do. When I didn't make the stuff myself, I had them made to my specs.

Stuff it JT and stick to what you know, you do a good job at that.

#29 ·
racerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stick with stock Yes, for my street TT. There
> aint no rules for race motors and I didn't buy off
> the shelf bolt on goodies like you guys do. When
> I didn't make the stuff myself, I had them made to
> my specs.
>
> Stuff it JT and stick to what you know, you do a
> good job at that.

GOOD SH&T MAN !!

#31 ·
Look, you post figures of 375 flywheel hp on an NA with bull$H!t upgrades and you're calling me out? You specifically stated what it would take to make 375hp at the flywheel and it's WRONG! You CANNOT get to those HP numbers without bottom end mods and race fuel. Its just BS! If you assumed the bottom end mods and fuel then you should have stated that or it’s just misleading. Oh ya, just slap on a set of carbs, change over the ignition to an MSD and put on a mild cam and you’ll get 375hp. What a joke!

You wrote: "There aint no rules for race motors"
No rules in racing???? What class are you talking about? That's wrong too. Even in GT-1 there are limitations placed on the power plant. SPO maybe... GT? No way.

What's happened to you? Is it Alzheimer’s or has your grandson taken your keyboard hostage.

I find it interesting that I'm the only one here with the balls to call you on the 375hp NA figure. I guess it's only the kids here now and they'll believe anything.

I vote for 500hp with just an exhaust and a sticker.

#32 ·
I vote for 500hp with just an exhaust and a sticker.
at the wheels or bhp?? ;)

I hear you JT. I cannot see it happen on standard compression ratio of an NA. Like u said, different pistons to bring the compression higher would need racefuel aswell.

and on another note... (please shed some light into my ignorance) why in the world would someone want to put carbs into an injected system?

#33 ·
Racerbud:In what manner do you think replacing a full direct-injection system with a carburetor would help at all? Carbs are bad for performance and fuel economy every which way. No-one of your supposed pedigree would ever recommend using carbs on a 'max hp' vehicle, particularly one that was direct injected in the first place!

JT is right, without some sort of oxygen/oxygen replacement addition injection system (NOS, Forced Induction, etc) you will never get better than ~300 on race gas (without changing compression). Pump gas you will never see better than ~230. There just isn't that much power for a 11.5:1 compression motor.

If I was foolish enough (after reading the follies of some of the very well respected members here) to try a massive NA build, i would:
1- Maintenance
2- Go with all the standard upgrades (lightweight everything, etc)
3- Properly tuned AEM system
4- larger throttle bodies
5- Ported/matched everything

That will get you (for about 6-8 grand) about mid-200s if you are lucky.

#34 ·
Recardo: I'll let racerbud try to explain that one.

Please do explain Bud! Tell us the advantages of carbs over fuel injection that could explain such HUGE hp increases. Better atomization?? Better fuel management?? More complete combustion??

#35 ·
Interesting quote from Warren Johnson AKA The Professor of NHRA Pro Stock racing.

Warren Johnson said:
Properly tuned, carburetors make more peak power than EFI in a Pro Stock engine. A carb’s pressure differential atomizes the gas a lot better than spraying fuel through an orifice. But EFI has a broader powerband and superior cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution. The 1,100- to 1,300-cfm dual carbs are good only over a narrow range, about 1,500 rpm at most. EFI performs well over 2,000 rpm or more. On average, if optimized, both systems perform about the same as far as how fast you get down the track. However, the EFI system is much easier to tune than a carburetor.

#36 ·
Yeah i hear single turboz gits less fat chicz!

So carbed engines produce more peak power...i doubt to the tune of 150hp but then again i'm just a kid.

375 did make my eyes pop but then i'm here to help and occasional comic relief.

#37 ·
Zazupilot Wrote:
> Interesting quote from Warren Johnson AKA The
> Professor of NHRA Pro Stock racing.
>
> Properly tuned, carburetors make more peak power
> than EFI in a Pro Stock engine. A carb’s pressure
> differential atomizes the gas a lot better than
> spraying fuel through an orifice. But EFI has a
> broader powerband and superior
> cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution. The 1,100-
> to 1,300-cfm dual carbs are good only over a
> narrow range, about 1,500 rpm at most. EFI
> performs well over 2,000 rpm or more. On average,
> if optimized, both systems perform about the same
> as far as how fast you get down the track.
> However, the EFI system is much easier to tune
> than a carburetor.

So his complaint is that injector atomizers aren't as good as a pressure differential system? Pretty sure that is either 'old' knowledge, or just plain BS.

#39 ·
4-EZT Wrote:
> Yeah i hear single turboz gits less fat chicz!
>
> So carbed engines produce more peak power...i
> doubt to the tune of 150hp but then again i'm just
> a kid.
>
> 375 did make my eyes pop but then i'm here to help
> and occasional comic relief.

extremely FINE tuning a carb fkcing sucks! you can keep that stuff.

#46 ·
Zazupilot Wrote:
> Interesting quote from Warren Johnson AKA The
> Professor of NHRA Pro Stock racing.
>
> Properly tuned, carburetors make more peak power
> than EFI in a Pro Stock engine. A carb’s pressure
> differential atomizes the gas a lot better than
> spraying fuel through an orifice. But EFI has a
> broader powerband and superior
> cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution. The 1,100-
> to 1,300-cfm dual carbs are good only over a
> narrow range, about 1,500 rpm at most. EFI
> performs well over 2,000 rpm or more. On average,
> if optimized, both systems perform about the same
> as far as how fast you get down the track.
> However, the EFI system is much easier to tune
> than a carburetor.

Bad example, Zazu. Bad Zazu. Terrible Zazu. Go sit in the corner for your time-out, Zazu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.