ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
960 Posts
zinistr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My experience with zinistr...just over 300hp with
> n20, jwt cams, ecu, intake & exhaust on
> stock-internal NA engine.
>
> TT conversion (stock turbos, intake, exhaust,
> stock injectors, UD, deleted stuff) - ~425hp.
>
> Updated ECU, doolz & 555cc injectors...~ 500hp
>
> Overhaul engine w/ forged internal bits, larger
> turbos, manifolds, 3" exhaust and conservative
> boost...600+hp. (present)
>
> In summary: Just go TT.




Pulley, Intake, Hedaers, Test pipes, echaust, flywheel/clutch, 100 shot nitrous, ecu and you got it 300 baby!! but then again its only while your spray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
z_man_95 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Luminar Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just build my pedestal higher please =D
>
>
> It's just a step stool. You like techno, love
> z's, serve to help keep my azz free, and say what
> we are all thinking. That's worth at least one
> beer. After that, you're buying! =D

"You like techno" HAHAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
Racerbud wrote: My guess would be around 375 flywheel. Stock block, ported heads, mild (degreed) cams, 3 Weber 48 mm IDF carbs, and MSD ign.

Try guessing some more. Without some major compression increase you're never going to get over 260 flywheel hp. Not without some squirt or pressure boost that is. Mild cams with an old set of carbs and a marginal ignition will not get you much more, if any, above stock.

Please don't start with the old... I know more then you crap and I’ve raced the world over. After all, you’re the self confessed "stick with stock" master.... And please don't post another pic of your racecar again. I'm sure that there are enough copies on these forums already.

375 flywheel hp with just those mods... Sheesh… Give me a break.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,532 Posts
Somebody is in a shitty mood...
I don't think so. It is one thing to claim things... It is certainly another to post results and explain. The later has not been done.
If it is possible, by all means "show us".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Stick with stock Yes, for my street TT. There aint no rules for race motors and I didn't buy off the shelf bolt on goodies like you guys do. When I didn't make the stuff myself, I had them made to my specs.

Stuff it JT and stick to what you know, you do a good job at that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
racerbud Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stick with stock Yes, for my street TT. There
> aint no rules for race motors and I didn't buy off
> the shelf bolt on goodies like you guys do. When
> I didn't make the stuff myself, I had them made to
> my specs.
>
> Stuff it JT and stick to what you know, you do a
> good job at that.


GOOD SH&T MAN !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
Look, you post figures of 375 flywheel hp on an NA with bull$H!t upgrades and you're calling me out? You specifically stated what it would take to make 375hp at the flywheel and it's WRONG! You CANNOT get to those HP numbers without bottom end mods and race fuel. Its just BS! If you assumed the bottom end mods and fuel then you should have stated that or it’s just misleading. Oh ya, just slap on a set of carbs, change over the ignition to an MSD and put on a mild cam and you’ll get 375hp. What a joke!

You wrote: "There aint no rules for race motors"
No rules in racing???? What class are you talking about? That's wrong too. Even in GT-1 there are limitations placed on the power plant. SPO maybe... GT? No way.

What's happened to you? Is it Alzheimer’s or has your grandson taken your keyboard hostage.

I find it interesting that I'm the only one here with the balls to call you on the 375hp NA figure. I guess it's only the kids here now and they'll believe anything.

I vote for 500hp with just an exhaust and a sticker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,300 Posts
I vote for 500hp with just an exhaust and a sticker.
at the wheels or bhp?? ;)

I hear you JT. I cannot see it happen on standard compression ratio of an NA. Like u said, different pistons to bring the compression higher would need racefuel aswell.

and on another note... (please shed some light into my ignorance) why in the world would someone want to put carbs into an injected system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,899 Posts
Racerbud:In what manner do you think replacing a full direct-injection system with a carburetor would help at all? Carbs are bad for performance and fuel economy every which way. No-one of your supposed pedigree would ever recommend using carbs on a 'max hp' vehicle, particularly one that was direct injected in the first place!

JT is right, without some sort of oxygen/oxygen replacement addition injection system (NOS, Forced Induction, etc) you will never get better than ~300 on race gas (without changing compression). Pump gas you will never see better than ~230. There just isn't that much power for a 11.5:1 compression motor.

If I was foolish enough (after reading the follies of some of the very well respected members here) to try a massive NA build, i would:
1- Maintenance
2- Go with all the standard upgrades (lightweight everything, etc)
3- Properly tuned AEM system
4- larger throttle bodies
5- Ported/matched everything

That will get you (for about 6-8 grand) about mid-200s if you are lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
Recardo: I'll let racerbud try to explain that one.

Please do explain Bud! Tell us the advantages of carbs over fuel injection that could explain such HUGE hp increases. Better atomization?? Better fuel management?? More complete combustion??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,894 Posts
Interesting quote from Warren Johnson AKA The Professor of NHRA Pro Stock racing.

Warren Johnson said:
Properly tuned, carburetors make more peak power than EFI in a Pro Stock engine. A carb’s pressure differential atomizes the gas a lot better than spraying fuel through an orifice. But EFI has a broader powerband and superior cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution. The 1,100- to 1,300-cfm dual carbs are good only over a narrow range, about 1,500 rpm at most. EFI performs well over 2,000 rpm or more. On average, if optimized, both systems perform about the same as far as how fast you get down the track. However, the EFI system is much easier to tune than a carburetor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,225 Posts
Yeah i hear single turboz gits less fat chicz!

So carbed engines produce more peak power...i doubt to the tune of 150hp but then again i'm just a kid.

375 did make my eyes pop but then i'm here to help and occasional comic relief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,899 Posts
Zazupilot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting quote from Warren Johnson AKA The
> Professor of NHRA Pro Stock racing.
>
> Properly tuned, carburetors make more peak power
> than EFI in a Pro Stock engine. A carb’s pressure
> differential atomizes the gas a lot better than
> spraying fuel through an orifice. But EFI has a
> broader powerband and superior
> cylinder-to-cylinder fuel distribution. The 1,100-
> to 1,300-cfm dual carbs are good only over a
> narrow range, about 1,500 rpm at most. EFI
> performs well over 2,000 rpm or more. On average,
> if optimized, both systems perform about the same
> as far as how fast you get down the track.
> However, the EFI system is much easier to tune
> than a carburetor.


So his complaint is that injector atomizers aren't as good as a pressure differential system? Pretty sure that is either 'old' knowledge, or just plain BS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,534 Posts
4-EZT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah i hear single turboz gits less fat chicz!
>
> So carbed engines produce more peak power...i
> doubt to the tune of 150hp but then again i'm just
> a kid.
>
> 375 did make my eyes pop but then i'm here to help
> and occasional comic relief.

extremely FINE tuning a carb fkcing sucks! you can keep that stuff.
 
21 - 40 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top