ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo so i maybe retarded good way to start this, i bought a extreme boost controler from one of my buddies, on his talon it was running 22psi in his car, to get back to the point, i am having a hard time hooking it up, i got it in but it did not do anything to the boost, and all of the lines are hooked up one shoud go the regulator and one goes to the compressor housing. i am not sure it is right for the z or not, if some one has detaled instructions or pics would be nice,

thank you for looking and for the help

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is not a web site

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yo i got it hooked up right, thank you for that
now it is not working dose anyone have any ideas what that would be. i thought that it was the intake piping was but i just checked all that and the lowered intake pipe was loose but that didnt help. still no boost can anyone help me....

·
Registered
17 Posts
when you say no boost, do you mean that you get no boost at all, or just stock boost? No boost at all could be anything from a stuck wastegate to a seized turbo. Stock boost would most likely be either the POV is still stock, so it blows all pressure above stock (about 7psi), or the boost controller is set too low (doubt it, previously set to 22 psi), which would be fully open to the wastegate before the stock boost level is hit. The only difference would be spool up time. When you do get to the point to adjusting the MBC, be careful, the previous guy had it set pretty high so you should probably lessen it and then watch your boost guage. Most people can handle about 10-12psi stock turbo/premium gas, no I/C. Be careful, don't want to blow an engine.

Brian

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you brian, i dont know anything about turbos i am a newbe, what can i do if the regulator is stuck. (my regulator has a spring on it from the guy before what dose that do.) it is not stock.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Keeps the gate closed to help keep boost consistant, The stock actuator is a peice, and does not control boost over 12 psi very well. It will crack open making the boost very unrelable. That spring controls that, although it is a Cheap fix, and still is not as good as a upgraded one from HKS.

Post Edited (Aug 1, 10:06am)

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the wastegate, you can rig a way to increase its holding power by shimming the spring. If the wastegate is actually stuck, you're going to have to pull the turbo off and look at it, as it's an internal wastegate (stock) and might need a rebuild. to adjust the boost sontroller, there is generally a nut or bolt that you turn that will increase or decrease pressure on a spring on the inside of the boost controller. If adjusting this is not enough, you can always get a new spring, or snip a couple coils off of the current spring to lessen the boost. Do some reading to learn about how stuff works.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm

http://www.darklightning.com/gi/mbc.htm

These are a few quick reads to get yourself familiar with turbos and a tutorial on how to build a MBC. If you know how to make one, you can see how to make one work for you...=P

Also read around on z31.com, lots of good info.

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.