ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put a 280Z hood on my '72 240Z? They are virtually bodily identicle so I assumed you could. I like the little vents on the 280Z hood better.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yea... its Right On....

Beebop.... is that your real name?

anyway... yea its a direct bolt on. you will need to adjust the hood to close correctly... but that's ture with any hood change.

By any chance do you have the 280 hood?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Watch out for the 2+2 hoods

i'm not sure if i'm assuming correctly but i heard that 2+2 hoods are the only hoods that don't fit right guys? correct me if i'm wrong;)
zya
yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrong

Yuichi, You heard wrong. The differance in the 2+2 is not in the hood or engine compartment, it's all behind the front seats. Front fenders and hood from a 2+2 will bolt up with no problems. I guess you stand corrected, LOL

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
not quite...

Doors on a 2+2 don't fit either. You may laugh, but I saw someone try and make them fit--AFTER he painted the car! He p/u'd some 2+2 doors and hung them, and painted the car without ever closing the doors! Then the big suprise came. We all laughed at him. He was simple. We dubbed him "the goat roper".
Hoods are interchangable--hatches, doors-NOT.
Yuichi, we forgive you, at least you didn't try to paint your car before closing the doors. Heh Heh Heh.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
speaking of doors

my 240Z door doesn't seem to fit right i think it takes some adjusting but i can't remeber now if i took the doors off a 280 or 240 i'm pretty sure if i adjust it right it will fit and its from a 73 240Z i believe. Ed come help me fix my door:(
zya
yuichi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.