ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My body/paint guy just told me that my existing hood would cost me an additional $200 to strip/resurface/repaint. (went to get estimate for entire car to be painted)

There are a couple of rust pin holes up front, and there is a bunch of bondo up towards the cowl. I recall seeing several of you stateing that you can buy new hoods for $200 somewhere? Is this true?

I have a build date of 1/71. (series 1). What year hoods will fit, I seem to recall like 70-78? Is that right?

I would not mind getting a hood that has the factory vent in it. What was the first year they did that, and will that year fit? Or any years with hood vents fit?

Thanks for your time,
Mike

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
2 hundred seems a bit high for your hood prep...unless they are stripping all the Bondo & will re-apply more...lotsa labor charges, maybe...don't think the later hoods are a direct bolt-on...but the 77 & 78 hoods are the ones with the two vents..
can the body shop keep the existing Bondo and just prep it???...sometimes (and I
do mean SOMETIMES!!) the old Bondo is pretty sturdy...Good Luck... :eek:)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
there are fiberglas cowled hoods on arizona z car.com that are cool as ****.. thats what i want..

·
Registered
226 Posts
77-78 hoods have the vents and are interchangable with the earlier hoods. maybe you can find one in the junk yard without rust. bring a friend along as they are awkward to take off with one person.
madcowz

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Good luck aholeZ no longer is in FG and had a $1000 min when he was...

VR has a nice FG cowl hood that keeps both vent and a 2" lift on the cowl..

http://www.reactionresearch.com/subtlez1.html

Remove the subtlez1.html and Zee all the other kits he makes for Z's under auto

I'm ordering mine in dec/jan John is a nice guy check out this post also....

http://www.hybridz.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=000325

Read past the part of the Ahole molds and read all of John Washington's post...

The hood is hard to see the way the pictures are taken but if you search Hybridz hard enough Blkman has posted some pics of his setup some where...

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
213 Posts
Check with Danny at Danny's Datsun. he is a sponser on this site. If you are in the bay area I could pick it up for you when I head up from CA to OR to get my parts in another month or two.

Houston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.